Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The noise you heard and vibration you felt were not real...

Walking back from the pool this morning I saw Full Lower Lip. He is the SMOKING hot guy we see on the bus and at the gym. He has this pouty, full lower lip- hence his name. Dark haired, dark eyed stud! I noticed he had no gel in his usually spiky Jersey doo and he made eye contact with me- or so I like to think, LOL.

Speaking of hotties from the gym, last night the husband said he was only running for 29 minutes on the treadmill- that was until Shawnee got on to the treadmill next to him. Shawnee is another of the husband's gym crushes and I must admit he is hot. I had to share the pec deck with this majorly cute Irish kid who has serious guns. He lives in the neighborhood too but has not received a nom du crush as of yet. He definitely knows the husband and I are a couple because he sees us walking to the gym often holding hands. He was kind of nervous sharing the pec deck with me at least in my mind. On the way home we saw Wife Beater running- he has a beard now and is looking much beefier, very grrrr.

Ok so around 10:30 this morning there was this VERY loud noise and the floor shook in our office. It startled us all. The real reason most were startled more than me is because most of them worked in the WTC back on 9/11 when they were part of a large bank that is currently run by Victim Bandit. So any large noise that makes the floor shake when we are on the 47th floor gets them very nervous. At the end of the day the building management sent an email saying they while they did not doubt 3 floors of the building they could find no cause for the supposed incident. They basically called us crazy and we imagined it all.

The boss and I and one of the ops guys went off the grid for lunch today; we ordered Indian food. I had the lamb vindaloo and when I finished it my eyelids were sweating and my hair was damp. I love Indian food but the husband is a delicate flower and it upsets the delicate balance of his constitution.

I listened to Ben today in front of the joint economic committee for the Congress. I have to say he has Fedspeak down very well for being on the job just over a year. When he says the economy might go into recession that is code for we have been in one since November but due to bureaucratic inertia and the fact we drive looking in the rear view mirror I can't admit it. When he says the housing market could continue to drop he means if you are long real estate it is now a long term investment ( as in 'til you die) and if you rent wait at least another year and you will do well.

The stunning art is he admitted BSC was going to file if the Fed did not rescue them and that would have caused chaotic conditions which means Wall Street is currently a huge daisy chain and if one went down it would have all gone down. This is as close as you will get to an official admission we were and still are not out of the woods and close to a repeat of the '30s. We are not out of the woods yet. Even though yesterday was the best start to Q2 since 1938, the more pertinent fact is that over 51% of the trading days since the beginning of 2008 have had moves of 1% or greater either up or down. That is not how bull markets act.

Anyways, I have said enough, I think tomorrow I'll opine on mark to market.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you have nicknames for guys on the 126.

Perhaps you'd recognize a few of mine?

- NYtimesGuy
- MonChiChi
- BostonCapGuy (roommate's favorite)
- Dude
- StraightGuy

CSC said...

I don't recognize any of them but could be because you are on the Washington Street line and I am on the Clinton Street line.