Thursday, August 28, 2008

My vote is wasted

I caught an earlier than normal bus this morning and am thinking I may make it my regular bus now since there was an inordinate number of cuties on the bus.

Today was back to work. A two day work week is nothing to complain about but I have to say it was really dead today business-wise.

I am concerned about the whole Russia-Georgia conflict mainly because it seems like Russia is reverting to it's old ways: Putin is saying that the United States provoked Georgia into starting this war so it would be a favorable condition to a candidate for the Presidency. Seriously- are you fucking kidding me?

Speaking of the election I can no longer keep my mouth shut. Voting for the most popular candidate in high school for class president may have been a sound decision but we are all adults now and I have to say the lesser of two evils in my mind is McCain. Obama has done nothing and has not even served a full term as a U.S. Senator. He preaches post partisan politics but has not crossed the aisle once in my knowledge. He comes from the Chicago political machine which is diametrically opposed to his preaching about politics as usual. He preaches he is post racial and yet is having his operatives conduct drives to register only African American voters in the south. He preaches about innovation and change only coming from the bottom up and yet is trying to dictate from the top down and regulate innovation and then tax it. Speaking of preaching how could he have been a member of Rev. Wrights church for twenty years and not once heard his racially inspired vitriol? He tells African American men thy need to start accepting responsibility for their actions and still continues to perpetuate the Democrat ideology of victim hood and that it is always the fault of someone else for misfortune brought about by ones own bad choices.

I got into a political "discussion" with my father about this. he is an old school Kennedy Democrat. In his mind the Democrats are ALWAYS a better choice than the Republicans. I admire loyalty but blind loyalty is dangerous. He asked me what party I was registered with. I told him neither. He then had the audacity to tell me my vote is wasted. I told him how can any vote be wasted? At that point he started swearing, lol. I said I don't fully agree with either party. I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal- a libertarian. His response is who can you affect any change without being part of party? I said that is the problem with government- parties were not the intention of the Founding Fathers. We came to an agreement- we agreed to disagree.

I am concerned that Iran seems to be on the back burner. I think within the next three years we could see a nuclear war between Iran and Israel.

I have to thank kennethinthe212 for pointing out Tim Tebow. I may have to start watching Gaytors football this season...

No comments: