Friday, August 1, 2008

THe FBER is always late to the party

Yesterday there was an article on BBERG saying we may have entered a recession in late '07. My response to that was a big DUH! i have been saying since Thanksgiving we are in a recession and that it will be longer than any we have seen in a long time. One expert even said that yesterday too. Usually once the FBER declares we are in on we have already started exiting it. This time however once they declare it my guess is we will be only half way through the pain.

Wednesday I got to chat with Mr. Barrett on IM for an extended period of time. It was fun because he is normally not on and when he is he is usually not verbose. But it was different this time and I learned all I wanted to about the light brown apple moth and how it is a threat to our way of life. I'm looking forward to seeing him when he and the rest of the DC posse visits us at the beach in a few weeks. Mr. Clifford is overseas again somewhere in Asia I believe.

The boys went to see The Dark Knight last night with their mom. That is a big deal since she normally doesn't take them to the movies. Also I was surprised she took them to such a violent and dark movie. My brother the doctor out of the blue earlier in the week told me he saw it and thought it really should have been rated R. The irony is I know if I had taken them I would have gotten an earful from their mother. The husband probably thinks I should call her out on it but it really isn't worth it to me to get into a pissing match. Ex-wives are not rational when dealing with their ex-husbands and I would not win the argument.

We have a full house at the beach this weekend. One of the couples that went to Las Vegas with us is coming out. The other couple is a former coworker of the husband's and his boyfriend. I am taking the train out because I don't feel like driving.

I think JP is due back in town next week. It will be good to see him again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, beware of the light brown apple moth.