Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nice pants

So yesterday morning after I swam I was getting dressed in the locker room. There was a married guy who told me I had nice pants. I said thank you but thought to myself no straight guy EVER tells another guy nice pants; he may think it but never says it- especially in a gym locker room.

Mr. Barrett and Mr. Clifford are coming up to the beach for the weekend. Mr' Clifford is bringing his bf, Mr. Barrett is bringing his friend who seems to be more than a friend but I don't want to say more for fear of jinxing him. We are all going to Ascension on Sunday- thus making my second ever circuit party. Mr. Barrett also wants to go to Super Snaxx over in Cherry Grove on Saturday night. I told him we'll figure that out Saturday whilst we lounge by the pool drinking the husband's margaritas.

I have to say it is a very sad comment on the fourth estate that the freakin' National Enquirer is the one who broke the story on John Edwards' affair. I think the best thing I heard was all the whining that if the MSM hadn't squashed it, Hillary would have won the Iowa caucuses and been the nominee. It made me wonder if she would end up starting a fight at the convention in Denver. I have to say it is not out of the question when you think about all the Clintons are supposed to have done in their careers. My bond manager friend says no fucking way that will happen.

So I read yesterday that the IMF had done a study on recessions. Apparently they came to the conclusion that most recessions last three quarters. The caveat is that a recession preceded by a credit crunch or housing bust tends to last five times longer. That tells me that the current recession we are in won't end until approximately April-May of 2009.

JP is home, saw him last night at drinks with the other gays in the village. I am glad he is back, we missed him this summer. He is going away again in a couple of weeks but he did offer to help us with the move Friday and I took him up on the offer.

Speaking of the move we are basically done packing, just have a few things to take of the walls.

No comments: