Thursday, August 7, 2008

No beach this weekend

So the husband and I signed the lease for the new apartment Tuesday night. We then went and grabbed a quick dinner at our favorite restaurant. We headed to drinks with the other gays in the village. The husband went home early and I went out to the local gay bar with JZ and RB. Apparently Tuesdays are amateur strip night. It was fun but I definitely had a few too many beers and JZ made us do this shot called purple death.

I noticed Will Yuck, the manager of the largest fixed income trust in the world, is out talking his own book up again. The guy is known in the biz as getting his trades set up and then going and touting it as what is going to happen. He definitely got his lunch money stolen when he was in high school.

Speaking of the markets and trading there were two blogs I and a lot of others in my line of work used to read all the time. I say "used to" because the writer of one of them got laid off and the writer of the other one was told by his employer to shut it down or lose his job. I had drinks quickly last night with SA. He is an old friend of mine, we figured out we have known each other for 16 years, and his business partner. There were alos some really interesting people he brought along. It was at this rooftop bar. I didn't get to chat a lot because I had to cut out early to meet the husband for dinner with a friend.

We decided last night that we would have to skip the beach and start seriously packing up the place. We have the boys this weekend too so they will get enlisted in packing- well at least their bedroom. Then we are going to take them to see the new Mummy movie.

The husband and I are totally psyched Bret Favre is coming to the Jets. I hope he moves to Hoboken so I can surreptiously follow him around. There is precedent since Eli already lives in Hoboken.

No comments: