Monday, August 18, 2008

What a difference a day makes

I was totally fried last night when I wrote but after a good night of sleep I am much more with it.

The one thing I learned last night is we need curtains pronto! Don't get me wrong- last night when I crawled into bed it was really cool seeing the full moon shine as you fall asleep but the privacy sucks and the sun is bright in the morning.

So Ascension- the nations #1 gay beach party- was fun. There was a great breeze and the music was pretty damn good. CS- Mr. Clifford's boyfriend- knows all the djs because he does lighting for clubs on the weekends. He was psyched!

Mr. Barrett brought the new D&D players handbook. I read thru it and am a bit dismayed that gnomes are no longer a character race option. Also illusionist and assassin are not classes available- neither is the monk. They had some new races available which was pretty cool and the warlock class was interesting- very Elric-like.

They all called me dad for the weekend as I was a bit parental and I did have to yell the rules at them while they were in the pool.

They caught the train back today. I believe they were stuck in the bar car.

We had dinner with TK tonight; he looked at our new apartment and approved. We also broke down a lot of boxes and got the kitchen pretty much set up to my liking.

The markets today were dead. Not unusual for an August day. I have to say that the more the Treasury says they will not backstop FNM and/or FRE the more it makes me think they will be nationalizing them by Labor Day. Also the fact that dollar LIBOR is still at a high differential from Fed Funds and what it normally trades at in relation to Fed Funds makes me concerned.

Mr. Barrett asked me if I thought we were close to an economic doomsday. I told him my opinion is we could be but I don't think we are. I believe we are in for a rough ride and this recession is not like anyone in our generation has experienced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Old Skool: I'm expecting the illusionist and assasin classes to be available as a prestige, or paragon class as more books come out. They were available classes in the 3.5 edition, and I doubt they'll be left out again. The monk has been around as well, and is likely to return with the next player's handbook, along with the beloved 1/2 orc.

Thanks again for the lovely weekend!