Sunday, August 10, 2008

Brendan Fraser still has it...

Friday night when I got home we sat down for dinner. My oldest was feeling adventuresome and tried Thai food for the first time. He quickly decided he'd rather have pizza like his younger brother- thankfully I know my sons well and had ordered extra slices. During dinner we were watching the Olympics. An advertisement for the Presidential race was on and my youngest made a comment that sounded like The Cane and A Bomber. The husband and I started chuckling and the husband told my youngest that was a really good way to refer to the two of them.

So we got a lot of packing done yesterday. We started right away in the morning. I went to the storage store and bought all the boxes, a LOT of bubble wrap, tape, a really cool tape gun. and various other items that aid in packing. We took a break for lunch and then when right back to the job. The husband then ran into the city to run some errands so I took a nap. When he got back I was sent for some more boxes. Then we went out for dinner. The husband and my oldest wanted sushi. The youngest does NOT eat sushi. So we compromised. The husband and my oldest went to the sushi place and I and my youngest went around the corner to a grill that serves chicken fingers. After we went to see The Mummy, Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I must say Brendan Fraser still has it- there is one scene where he is shirtless and he looks really good with just a dusting of chest hair. The rest of the movie was good too, lol.

This morning the husband and my oldest went and played tennis while I packed more. After they got back the boys and I went to lunch while the husband packed. I brought him back some lunch. We packed more, then I got the boys in the truck and drove them back to their mom's house. I then turned it right around, got home, jumped in the shower and we went and saw The Dark Knight. It was really good. The husband thought it was really creepy and somewhat depressing. I thought it was very true to Frank Miller's book of the same title in tone and morality.

Saw the trailer for Watchmen- I am totally psyched for that flick. I remember reading that when it came out and it was really amazing and mind-bending.

Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be dominated by packing- something new and different.

No comments: