Thursday, August 21, 2008

Booty Sweat

Last night I took in Tropic Thunder. Robert Downey, Jr. STOLE the movie! He was fucking brilliant! Ben Stiller was almost as good as Derrick Zoolander. Jack Black was really in a supporting role and had one scene that had me laughing out loud towards the end of the movie. It is not really a war satire. It is totally ripping on Hollywood the entire time. I loved Les Grossman. My youngest asked if he could see it and I said no, it's rated R.

After the movie my bond friend and I grabbed a bite to eat. I always like talking the markets with him because everyone knows bond guys are smarter than equity guys. There is a hierarchy on the Street. At the top is the traditional derivative guys. Then the bond guys then equity guys. Currently at the bottom are the structured product guys since they are the ones who sold all the shit that has bankrupted our financial system even though the government doesn't want you to know that. Anyways,he thinks that FNM and FRE shareholders are screwed. He brought up the point of good bank/bad bank. He said there are two possible outcomes in his mind: 1) The government lets FRE die because it is the weak sister and recapitalizes FNM or b) The government lets both die and creates a new government agency to take over the role the two had performed. I brought up the issue of the preferreds and he said that is a good point.

Is it just me or are the field hockey players hot? It's funny to me actually. A fraternity brother of mine is from England. Every where else in the world field hockey is predominantly a men's sport and lacrosse is a women's. Here in the U.S. though that is reversed. I gotta tell ya I think the rest of the world has the right idea on this and I played lacrosse for 6 years.

Tomorrow I am taking the boys up to my parents for 5 days. We are hitting the state fair and they are psyched to take in the rides on the midway and see the freak show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember Black, Downey, and Stiller doing Midnight Train to Georgia in American Idol? Downey was understatedly dead on. Subtley genius. Sal