Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Unconditional love

Worked out lightly this morning as it is supposed to be my rest day but whatevuh...Holy crap- orange long sleeve tee at the gym this morning! The kid had to be in mid twenties but he is stunning. He wears nice pants too, lol. I noticed he attached his work i.d. with one of those retractable string things to his pants. I was not quick enough to see his name but I'll work on it, lol. Pretty sure I did not stare but it was real tempting.

White pants was on the bus this morning. He was wearing flip flops too. On a Tuesday? I think he may be in my line of work but not sure which side of the desk he is on.

I met up with JP for coffee before work this morning. He looks great- he has a new trainer and it is working. He seems to be in a good place with work as he is involved in a big production here in the city. He is working with Sylar which is cool and I told him he needs to get friendly with him and bring him out in Hoboken one night. His job is challenging but I know he is up to it. At least he has not fallen asleep at the light board.

I shocked the woman who sits next to me when I said today I am in favor of letting the Bush temporary tax cuts expire. I was leaning that way earlier due to conversations I had with JW and then when I read David Stockman, David Stockman's editorial it was the final nail in the coffin for me. I am all for less taxes but we need to man up folks. We are screwed and taking the easy way out won't do us any good. We need to face facts and realize we have to make some hard choices and those choices will cause pain, discomfort and social angst. I learned late in life that the right choice is also usually the hardest one and the seemingly impossible one to make, you think you won't survive it. Not true.

GTL=Gym...Tan...Laundry. The Jersey Shore. Everyone at work is talking about it and I just cannot abide reality television. Regardless of The Situation's abs I will not watch the show.

Mitch Miller died. The gentleman had a special place in my heart believe it or not. Growing up my favorite Christmas album my parents had was the Mitch Miller Sing Along Christmas Songs. I read his obituary and did not realize he was such a big deal in the music industry.

The dojo was tough tonight. Sensei is on vacation so there was a substitute for him. No clue which one he is from but he was good. It also seems he invited two of his own students to come down for class. Both black belts, one sempai and one joshu. I was the only other male in the classes so I got the honor of working out with them. I think I acquitted my self just fine but I will be sore tomorrow especially when I have to get up for my four mile run...

A bunch of upcoming movies I think will get me into the theater. Piranha 3D, The Last Exorcism, The American, Machete, Resident Evil: AfterLife, MegaMind and of course Paranormal Activity 2.

The title refers to one thing and one thing only- dogs. Dogs are really the only creature you will encounter in your life that completely and truly embody unconditional love. I got on this topic because my brother (the smart doctor) and his wife had to put down their dog today. It sucks! It also makes me concerned about our older dog and how the husband will handle it when we have to make that decision.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I've been willing to let the tax exemptions die, The war they financed is dying down, and the damage they did was enough for one generation. Your comment about manning up and realizing the hole we are in is right on. In fact I'm more than likely going to vote straight line democrat for the first time ever because the republicans are completely clueless. Democrats may spark a class war but they might raise enough money to keep us from sinking in the debt morass we've made.