Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pimps don't cry- they don't shed a tear

The weekend with the boys was yet another relaxing one. I picked them up Friday after work. We stopped by PJ and ST's farm on the way home to pick up the husband and the kids. ST had a bunch of his pugs there. My oldest got out to pet them. ST jokingly told him every visitor gets a free pug to take home with them.

Saturday morning I got up and ran my six miles. I was pretty happy with the run as I did it in fifty minutes. I got home, woke up the boys, told my oldest to eat some breakfast and then we'd go play tennis. I told him we need to get there kind of early as the public courts in Hoboken can get busy early. He ate his breakfast and went back to bed. WTF? I told him no we go now. We drove over there and found a parking spot. He told me it says residents only. I said not a problem as I have a parking permit for Hoboken.

We got to the courts and there were three groups ahead of us. We waited. A friend RB who had not seen in quite some time stopped by with his dog and we caught up. It was good to see him and catch up on everything. It was our turn so we got on the court. My oldest has gotten very good and he kicked my ass 6 games to one. Our hour was up so we walked back to the truck and lo and behold I had been booted! My parking permit was not valid for '10- which I knew but was playing the odds I could sneak by; apparently not. I called the number, paid the fine and got the code to remove the boot. I pinky swore my oldest not to tell the husband. Pretty sure the husband doesn't read this but if he does I've just outed myself.

I took a nap when we got home as a six mile run plus a hour of tennis had me beat.

We went and saw The Other Guys yesterday afternoon and it is a hilarious movie. I highly recommend it to anyone who actually reads this. Will Ferrel and Mark Wahlberg were great and Michael Keaton was really good in a supporting role too.

We got home, ordered dinner in and then watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. Typical Terry Gilliam movie. My youngest watched it with us and he enjoyed it.

This morning I got to sleep in late and the husband went and did his long run. He got done with his run, showered up and jumped back into bed. We slept 'til about 11 AM. A late breakfast was in order. We then decided to watch The Haunting in Connecticut.

This week looks like it should be a nice low key one but that usually means things will unexpectedly cause it to end up busier than I expect.

No comments: