Saturday, August 21, 2010

The drive in

Got up this morning to do my long run. Thank God for the GOOG maps pedometer website. I mapped out ten miles with as few hill as possible. The run was going fine until I got past the high school. At that point I had hit eight miles and the last two were a frackin' bitch. I was psyched with my time though as I kept close to eight minute miles and finished the run in a hour, twenty four minutes and sixteen seconds- yes I am that anal.

First thing I did when I got back to the house was popped three advils, ate a banana and drank a lot of water. The boys were hanging out with grandma, waiting for grandpa to get back with donuts from DD. Dad got back and asked if I wanted anything I told him I would shower up and then go get myself an ice coffee. I got out of the shower and dressed and dad had already gone and gotten it for me.

Next up was dad and I had to go grocery shopping. I asked he boys if they wanted to come and they said no so I told them they had to engage their grandmother in conversation and whatnot. She is not real mobile right now as she is still recovering from hip replacement surgery. As we were leaving mom yells at dad- Don't take two hours like you always do. WTF??? Is my dad that old that he is one of those men who has to take two hours to grocery shop??? LOL.

We did not take two hours, we took about 45 minutes and as we were in the check out line dad's phone rang- yeah it was her asking what is taking so long.

I then took my oldest to the store to get some running shows, swim trunks and a duffel bag as he had decided to pack all of his stuff for the trip in a large paper shopping bag- which of course ripped last night when I was bringing it in.

By now my legs were sore, my knees a bit tight and I was ready for a nap. I took a nice long nap,
got up and started dinner. Mom can't really stand around in the kitchen and cook so I am doing most of it this week. I made the husband's famous brined pork chops, baked potatoes and a tomato salad. Then of course the boys wanted to play Twenty Questions. That was quite fun and I have fond memories of sitting around the dining room table growing up and playing after dinner.

I then told the boys we were going to the movies. They asked which one, I told them Toy Story 3. I knew they had already seen it and they were bitchin' and moanin' until I told them we were going to see it at a drive-in. My youngest asked if we could take his grandfather's car so he could get in the trunk and we'd save money. I told him no. We got there and found a good spot. I forgot how social the drive-in is. whole families there tailgating and spending the night to see both flicks. We had stocked up on candy and sodas. They thought it was sooo cool that the sound came in over the FM radio. It was quite fun and only about twenty miles north.

Tomorrow I and my oldest are going to play tennis first thing in the morning. I am hoping we beat the rain that is supposed to be here. Then tomorrow night I am having drinks with a friend from here who has moved back after being gone for close to thirty years.

No comments: