Friday, August 20, 2010

259 miles later...

Last night I did my run- it was a short one, just 3 miles. Completed it twenty four minutes and eighteen seconds. Not bad if I do say so myself.

I got up this morning later than usual as it is a rest day. It is also the first day of vacation so even though I was physically at work I was already on vacation mentally on the bus ride in to the office.

Thankfully it was jants day at work. What are jants you ask? Duh- jants are just like jeggings but for men. If jeggings are jean leggings, aka jeans, then jants are jean pants, aka jeans. There was also a charity raffle. It was a 50/50 and the tickets sold came to $5000. I would have loved to have won as it would have paid for a new washer and dryer-the cool kind, you know, a dryer that uses steam and can get rid of wrinkles and the matching front loading washer. Alas I did not win.

Work was still slow which today was not a bad thing as I decided to cut out early. I went over all the trades I had with a co-worker and passed them of to her for the week. I caught an early train and the husband picked me up. I got to see all the progress the professional spackler made and it looks great. More importantly for my ego- since I did work as a union construction laborer for two summers- was the guy told the husband we did a really good job except for we did not need to use so many screws. I laughed as I had a discussion with the husband while we were hanging the dry wall and as any married man knows, you pick your battles and that was not one I would win. Yes though I feel and am completely smug but did not say I told you so to the husband.

I then drove over to the ex' house to pick up the boys. Our vacation is up north at mom and dad's for the week. I really never knew how long of a drive it was and GOOG mapped it- 259 miles door to door.

We made good time and the boys fell asleep in Black Betty for the last hour or so. I got them to bed and then decided it was time for some nectar of the gods- booze. I looked at he wine selections and noticed that mom and dad still don't listen to a word I have told them over the last twenty years. They still insist on putting their reds in the fridge and keeping their white in the rack and warm. My smart brother- the doctor- told me I was expecting to much and I should have known better. hence why he is the doctor.

Tomorrow I have to do my long run, ten miles. I mapped it out with the GOOG Pedometer website. It will be interesting. Summers up here can get gross, humid and sticky so I will be doing my run early. The rest of the day I have told the boys that after we do some chores with their grandfather we will lounge around the pool. They were happy to hear that.

No comments: