Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Are you on your way home?

Vacation has been fun and relaxing. Sunday was a huge bust. It rained the entire frackin' day. We got over four inches of rain Sunday. We basically hung out all day and were lazy- which is not a bad thing in my book for a Sunday. I made dinner Sunday night, just whipped up something on the fly and it was a huge hit. then I watched Date Night with the boys and I have to say it was rather amusing.

Monday my oldest and I ran early in the morning. I had to do a four mile run but my oldest decided he'd join me for the first mile of it. My pace was a but slow as I had to let him keep up with me but I made up for some lost time after he finished. We then hit the tennis courts. We did not get to play a lot as we got rained out but I did okay. I only lost 6-4. We got home and hit the pool in the rain because I had promised the boys we'd go swimming as long as there was no thunder or lightning. Dad made dinner last night; he had these huge Fred Flintstone like steaks. It was great and I introduced my oldest to the unique taste of Worcestershire sauce.

I then headed out for drinks with a friend from high school. I had not seen the guy in about twenty six years. Yes he goes to my church and kneels in the pews. He looked great and we had a good time reminiscing. turns out his cousin lives about six or seven blocks away from the husband and I.

This morning was my rest day so after I got up and gave the husband his wake up call I went back to bed. I woke up at 9:40 AM. It was great sleeping in that late. Then it was off to the tennis courts again. I won the first four games but then my oldest kicked my ass and won six straight games. I was not so lucky and lost 6-0 in the next set. At that point I gave up. We went home and then spent most of the day in the pool as it was great weather. I forgot how much fun Marco Polo is. I also learned my sons cheat blatantly at the game.

Tonight I met up with a bunch of friends from high school in town. It was a blast. We had dinner at a small pub like bar in town then hit the local restaurant that serves wine out of actual bottles not boxes. It was quite fun. I was having a blast until my phone rang and it was my oldest asking if I was on my way home. I told him yes I was just leaving. I got home in five minutes- yes my hometown is that small- and tucked the boys in, called the husband and bade him good night.

Tomorrow I have a six mile run, should not be that bad.

No comments: