Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The bus, the bus, the bus is on fire...burn mutherfucker burn

So this morning I did nothing as it is technically one of my three rest days for the week. All that really means is no running.

I had two interns from BAC stop in the office today. The husband's girlfriend EL works for them in private banking and asked if she could send them over to expose them to a different part of the business. I told her sure. I set up having them arrive at 12:30. I would speak with them for fifteen minutes, give them a quick recap of what my job entails, etc. Then I had them set up to meet with one of the international PMs and then a U.S. PM.

First off the arrived fifteen minutes early. Too bad, they had to cool their heels in the lobby of the office. I got up there at 12:30 on the dot. I showed them the entire office. Took them to the desk to explain to them what a trader does on the institutional side. They asked some interesting, intelligent questions. I then took them up to the international PM. I told her she had fifteen minutes. Funny thing is she was kind of iffy about it all, prepared me with she was busy, doing me a favor fitting them in, etc. I went back up after the fifteen minutes and she told me she couldn't stop talking and she needed more time. She had them for an entire half hour. I took them to the U.S. PM next, told him he had fifteen minutes etc. After fifteen minutes I went back up and he said no, he was not done. He kept them for a half hour as well. The interns were then free for the rest of the day and were going to go have lunch somewhere in the city. I think it went well.

I see Van Halen- the real Van Halen not the fake one with Sammy Hagar- is reuniting and putting out an album. Woo hoo! When ever I see Van Halen I always think of 11th grade and my friend KM. We used to have parties at his house, drink his parents cinnamon schnapps and lounge around the pool all day. I sent him an email mentioning it and he said there is only one Van Halen in his book and I was redundant when I mentioned David Lee Roth.

My sons used to be really big with Yu-Gi Oh. I have no clue why, they loved the cards and the game though I doubt they actually played it correctly. Anyhow, for some reason I have had the game stuck in my mind since Sunday. So I have been texting my oldest : "I summon Exodia, the Forbidden One!" He has replied calling me a nerd. I told him everything I know about Yu-Gi Oh is due to him and his brother.

I hit the dojo- wax on. wax off- tonight. Classes were good. I was more the windshield than the bug. Not too sore.

So the Fed did it. Quantitative easing redux. This is going to destroy the U.S. dollar. It will not cause hyper inflation but it sets the right conditions for it. I am surprised the markets weren't down more but there is always tomorrow.

The Asian theater is a hotbed of potential military issues for us right now. Apparently we have the USS John S. McCain (named after the Senator from Arizona's father) stationed in Vietnam. It is causing some agita for China it seems. Then there is good ol' North Korea. funny how when they fire artillery into the ocean 115 times and threaten south Korean vessels it doesn't get much play here in the media.

On the way home today was a perfect example of New Yorker mentality even though if was in Jersey. Right at the second stop of the bus in Hoboken the bus started to smell like burning plastic. the chick next to me looked at me and I said, unasked, yes I smell it. Everyone on the bus, calmly got up and got off at the stop. the driver was a bit dumbfounded then smelled it too. Yep, huge cloud of grey smoke bellowing from the back of the bus. No one even bothered to look back and all just started to walk home. I of course tried to stalk the hot guy in the purple, button down shirt but he ducked into the gym...

No comments: