Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hump day

I was supposed to run this morning but did not feel like it- sue me.

The bus ride was a non-event although white pants was on there again. More importantly there is a new piece of eye candy. Scruffy, tallish, looks like a soccer player, his name is Calvin as he was wearing a Calvin Klein tee shirt on.

The market was still deadly boring. At least I got a bit busy today backing up the boss who is out on vacation.

Speaking of vacation I am off next week. I am going up north with the boys to visit mom and dad. I will most likely leave work early Friday, drive up Friday night. The husband is going down to the cottage tomorrow morning to finish patching the dry wall we did this past weekend. The pro is coming in next week to tape and spackle. So I will be grabbing the train down, picking up the truck, pick up the boys and hit the road. That means I have to pack tonight so the husband can take that down to the cottage tomorrow morning. Packing tonight means I did not go to the dojo- sweep the leg!- and did my five mile run instead. At least I did the run in a fairly good pace. I completed it in forty one minutes and 34 seconds.

Looking forward to spending the week up north. Not looking forward to my ten mile run I have to do Saturday morning. Looking forward to mom and dad's pool. Looking forward to sleeping in late- late for me these days is like 8 AM. Looking forward to taking the boys to a drive-in theater that is still operating up north. Looking forward to the opening day of the state fair. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of friends from high school.

Tomorrow is another short run, just three miles thankfully. Then business drinks after work.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I wish I could commit to running, but not so much now. I used to run when I was in my 30s and even do stairs as well. Ugh, Sucks to get old!