Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shocker- ha, that's a good one

This morning I convince the husband to run with me again. I did not run yesterday morning like I was supposed to so I made it up this morning. We ran four mile at a very good pace- 32' 40". The humidity did not help but it was a good run.

The bus was a non-event this morning. Which was a good thing since I was still cooling down from the run and catching up on all my emails and BBRG messages from over night.

Chael Sonnen- total woof! Don't misunderstand me, I am not getting the fight on pay per view but he is hot. Speaking of hot MMA fighters- Roger Huerta. TMZ had a video of him knocking a guy out in a street fight outside a club in Austin. The best part was Dana White commenting good for Roger. Apparently the guy he knocked out punched and knocked out a chick. That was too much for Roger. The best was before he got into the fight he took his shirt off- omg I would totally tap out for the guy.

I hit the dojo- sweep the leg!- tonight. Again it was a surprisingly small class and the substitute sensei was there. Did I mention the substitute sensei is frackin' adorable? Anyhow, he apparently felt the need to do some ground fighting with me. the guy is perfect build for ground fighting- 5' 3"-5' 5". large thighs relative to his body, nice guns, scruffy, dark hair, dark eyes and great ink. Mr. Barrett would be drooling over him. I mentioned it to the husband and he said he may have to stop in there tomorrow and do some marking. Of course I am beat up and sore but it was an excellent experience. I checked him out on the school website and found out he is on the fight team and has fought professionally.

We have the boys again this weekend. I am not sure what exactly we'll do other than go see The Other Guys Saturday night. The weather looks like it will be nice for the weekend but who knows. If for some reason the weather turns on us we'll do board games/dominoes/dvd movies.

When I got home and walked the kids another dog walker came up and commented on how great the kids were and he thought they looked great. I said thank you. He commented at least two more times. I started to wonder if he was fishing for me to say how great his dog was. I just couldn't bring myself to compliment his dog since I don't like the breed and I know the dog has issues with the kids.

As I was taking the elevator down to go the the dojo- Cobra Kai never die!- some guy commented on how great my shorts were and asked where I got them. Please- that is one of the lamest attempts at a pick up line I have ever heard. apparently he thought the wedding ring was just for show.


So oops on the jobless claims. They were higher than expected once again proving the ADP numbers are a misleading indicator. It does not bode well for the unemployment number tomorrow which could possibly see the dreaded 10% level again.

Let's assume the GSEs do some grand move like taking all the mortgages they own (which accounts for roughly half the entire mortgage market in the U.S.) down to the market rate. That means someone will take a major hit to their P&L. The other rumor running rampant is they could just write off all of the principle on the underwater loans to take them to market level. that also entails someone taking a large hit to their P&L. August 17th is the date to keep on your calendar. Watch out...

A record number of Americans are now on food stamps. That is how bad is out there. Over 40 million Americans are receiving some sort of assistance when it comes to getting three squares a day. We need some sort of public works program- think about all the roads that could get repaired and we need to replace and upgrade our entire power grid. What happened to all the shovel ready projects that were around when the first stimulus was passed?

Running again tomorrow morning. Shorter run than this morning. the boss announced it is pink shirt day tomorrow as well. Why? No clue, he likes to mess with people like that, lol.

I had to stop at the grocery store tonight after the dojo- wax on, wax off- and as I was standing in the checkout line I do what all normal people do- I perused the tabloid covers. There on one of them was an article that made me laugh out loud. Siegfried & Roy Shocker: Roy caught on videotape soliciting gay sex. I really don't know what was shocking? That he was caught on video tape? That he had to solicit? It cannot be that he is gay.

No comments: