Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry New Year...

Merry New Year to anyone reading! The husband and I got home from our trip to Utah late last night. We landed at 10:45ish, got our luggage, got to the truck and by the time we got home it was about 11:45. I parked the truck and it took me a while as the garage was nearly full and I had to go all the way up to the roof top. By then it was midnight so I called the boys as I knew they were staying up to watch the ball drop. I got home to find tons of our neighbors drunk, no make that shitfaced. The elevators were busy and it took some time to get back to my floor. Our hot neighbor was having a huge bash and he has some damn cute friends too. I told the husband I can't believe we did not get invited, lol.

We flew into Salt Lake City in a huge blizzard; we landed about two hours late, got lucky to upgrade our rental to a Chrysler Aspen. It took us about a hour and a half to get to Park City to our host's house. We went straight to bed. The next morning we got up and went to rent me a board. Then the husband, I and TK hit the slopes at the Canyons for the rest of the day with one of our hosts.

The next day the three of us and both of our hosts hit Park City. I had a blast there as it was my first time riding on powder. Riding on powder is a blast because you have to take your time traversing and that is how I actually like to ride; I am not one of those people who thinks every ride has to be about how fast you can get to the bottom of the hill. I also am not one who has to get in as many rides as possible. Everything else in my life is fast enough, when I ride I like to take my time. The five of us went to a restaurant owned by one of our hosts sister. It was great food.

The third day it was just me, the husband and TK and we hit the Canyons that day. Those two were slave drivers! They led me on some very long rides and some that were not blues in my mind. On my last ride I was making a nice little run when some mother yelled at her 6 year old to get over here. The little shit cut right in front of me and I had to take myself out. I did not say anything to either of them. Then as I was getting down to the bottom of the run I get clipped from behind by the same little shit who cut in front of me. At that point I was so pissed, tired and sore and starting to get cranky. I went right past the husband and told him to take the lift I was done. I had some water, caught the lift, took the ride tot he gondolas and went down to the lodge. I had myself a hot toddy, some pizza and water and watched the Vikings pull one of of their asses and get into the play-offs. While I was waiting for them to get off the mountain I ran into an old friend who was in Park City with his two kids. He is a lawyer who helped me out with my divorce and I lost touch with him due to negligence on my part. He is remarried and now has an infant and the wife is pregnant again. I told him he can get fixed and it is reversible.

The husband and I went to dinner by ourselves that night. We hit this nice little bistro. The busboy was really cute and chatted us up a lot. He went to college near where I grew up and his roommate was from my hometown. I kept telling the husband he wanted some salsa because he was bored with white bread and mayo Mormons. We then taught our hosts how to play pitch and I won the game which is kind of hard with five people playing. I was really feeling like shit that night. I had a serious headache and the entire night I was sweating like a pig. I did not feel up to riding at all on Tuesday so I told the husband and TK to go ahead. I spent the entire day sleeping. When TK and the husband got back we made dinner with our hosts and taught them how to play pitch. It take a while with five people playing to get a winner but I came out victorious.

Our last day the husband and I went to Snowbird. Ok, first off the drive there was amazing but Snowbird is definitely not boarder friendly and was way above my skill set. I mistakenly took a wrong turn on the second run and ended up doing my first black diamond. I was dropping the f-bomb and I am pretty sure the word divorce passed my lips because the husband was leading. When I got to the bottom alive I turned and said I am not going back up. We left and went back to the Canyons. We rode the other side of the mountain and had a nice day. We got home and helped our hosts prepare for a dinner party that we were going to be part of. We met the parents of one of our hosts, another couple from Jacksonville and our hosts friends. It was a great dinner party.

We slept in late our last day, packed up, and hit the airport.

Tomorrow is a new year for the markets. If I were to make a guess I'd say '09 is going to be an up year marginally. JAN will probably see a nice pop in the first few weeks and then we'll muddle along for the rest of the year near our current levels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a rule, weather you are on the slopes or on the road, never turn away from anything smaller than a faun (deer, not satyr). Rugrats make nice moguls to pop over.