Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stop yelling at me

So on the bus ride home Friday my oldest sent me a text asking if he could have a sleep over with his two friends. I have to give him credit that he asked earlier than he used too. Normally he'd call me after I had made it halfway down to his mom's house. I told him no, I enjoy spending time with him. He pulled a guilt trip on me and the husband and I were hosting MP and her new boyfriend for dinner so I said check if your mom has plans because she may not be able to change them. He didn't answer right away so I called her and said I'd pick them up in the morning and take them to tennis and then home. The ex said fine. Then she called me back about 10 minutes later and said the friend who's house the sleep over was supposed to be at, well his dad said no. We decided to stick to the plan anyways. I called my oldest back and said in the future, before you get everyone to change plans, make sure you can have the sleep over.

The husband and I had MP and her boyfriend over for dinner. The boyfriend get a big thumbs up from both of us. They stayed late and we had a blast. I woke up the next morning about twenty minutes later than I should have and tore out of the house to get down there in time. I made it, took the boys to tennis and then we had BKC for lunch and came home. The husband was really hurting from the wine at dinner. He cleaned the kitchen, showered and went back to bed while I was down in central Jersey.

So he and my oldest sat in front of the couch and watched several B-movies on SciFi until dinner time, sharing Chex mix. My youngest and I played Super Smash Brawl on the Wii. I ordered dinner and then we watched Hellboy 2 on dvd. About halfway thru it I took a nap. When it was over the boys went to bed and the husband was all awake- the wonders of sleeping on the couch all day watching SciFi...

Today we were somewhat lazy again. My youngest and I again played Wii. He asked why I liked playing with him and I said it was because his older brother is very critical of people on his team. He laughed and said he totally agreed.

I dropped them off at their mom's house and then came home. The husband had me re-hang certain pieces of art as we had received a new photo from ST and PJ fro Christmas. After that we caught up on Sanctuary and then played Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. It was not easy at all and I kept telling the husband to use the gun and stop using the knife. He told me I was yelling at him. We definitely need to work on Resident Evil 4.

No comments: