Friday, January 9, 2009

I don't go to the gym to socialize or chit chat

So this morning I went to the gym next to my office because I would not have time after work to hit it. We have the boys this weekend and I had to leave the office right after the close and drive to central Jersey to pick them up.

There was this hot guy wearing a ski hat, all I could see was his mug but it started the day right. He was walking to the bus stop with his overcoat open which, according to the husband's theory, means he is straight.

There were some cute guys in the gym next door but definitely not as many in the one in Hoboken. I did my lifting and then my cardio- just the way I like to do my workouts. I got on the elliptical when some older guy got on next to me. I looked out of the corner of my eye as he looked familiar- it was the new CEO of our company. I had my iPod on and was not about to suck up to him so kept on with my cardio. The funny thing is the day before we were discussing his comments about working out and I said he is definitely the recumbent bike type. Sure enough after about five minutes he got off the elliptical next to me, took his NYT and went to the recumbent bike- lol. I of course told everyone on the desk.

We are supposed to get hit with five to nine inches of snow tomorrow. That will make for an interesting drive down to central Jersey for my oldest son's tennis lesson.

When your company is a tenant of the NYT Building you get access to a lot of the events they host- and discounts! This weekend they are hosting an Arts & Leisure event and one of the things going is an interview with Vampire Weekend. I bought two tickets and told the husband to take MM- she is a woman and friend who works with him. After he is going out to celebrate JW's 40th with JW, JD, Ragnar and Humberto I believe. I am probably going to take the boys to see The Day The Earth Stood Still.

The news/rumors/speculation into the close about Shitigroup I view as a negative. If they are really splitting themselves up into their investment bank and merging that with MS the corollary is they will merge their commercial/consumer bank into GS most likely- also probably why Rubin resigned from Shitigroup today as he was the former managing partner at GS and that would have been an indelicate situation. If it gets announced on Sunday I think we are in for a down Monday and possibly an ugly week.

No comments: