Sunday, January 25, 2009

The mind is the only weapon that doesn't need a holster

Last night we watched Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull. I have to say it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The husband saw it over the summer with TK and said it was very disappointing. Yes it did not have quite the same magic as the first and third ones- since everyone knows the second one sucked ass- but I enjoyed it, even the X-Files overtones to it.

The husband had dinner with Ragnar, Umberto, JW and JD. funny thing is we will be seeing JW and JD a lot this week. We are hosting them and our friends who's wedding we went to back in the autumn. Then we'll be attending JW's 40th birthday part this Saturday evening over in Jersey City.

The boss sent me an email this evening about two op-ed pieces in the weekend WSJ. One was discussing Secretary Geithner's bashing of China which I found amusing as it is irresponsible to try and blame China's economic policies for our over-eating at the all you can eat buffet of debt for the past 20 years. The other was how all those green activists living near Cape Cod are all fine for alternative energy sources as long as it is not in their eyesight. Sounds like a classic example of NIMBY.

The boys and I did not go see Inkheart today. They really weren't feeling the love for my movie selection. Instead we went to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I figured I'd be bored and annoyed the entire time. I have to say I was dead wrong. It was a really funny- several laugh out loud moments- movie. I have no idea who any of he stars are but there are two really cute villains. The soundtrack was pure '80s cheese and genius. I was expecting to hear Sister Christian but it was not part of it. Regardless I actually enjoyed the movie. My favorite part was when the line "So you do men?" was said and my oldest burst out laughing. That he is getting that type of humor now makes me a bit nervous but also gives him something to laugh about with me.

So my youngest is a voracious reader- unlike his older brother. Yesterday while we were getting his older brother's Quickfire he asked if we could go to the book store. I said sure as I like reading as well and am always happy to encourage him. He got a series that is loosely based on Greek mythology. I wowed them with my knowledge and the correct pronunciation of several names. They asked how I knew all this stuff and I told them I loved Greek mythology when I was their ages and read as much as I could. They were most impressed when I called it right that Percy is short for Perseus.

Busy week for the husband and I on the social calendar and finally get to start going back to the gym- woo hoo.

No comments: