Monday, January 19, 2009

No snowboarding for you!

So we cancelled our trip to Tremblant Friday due to the fact that I had a serious sinus issue and felt like dog shit. The pressure was so intense that my teeth hurt. I asked the husband if we could change our plans and even though he did it I knew he was a bit peeved.

I was so uncomfortable I asked the husband if he had any vicodin or percoset in the house. So I mad a doctor appointment but the soonest the doctor could see me was Monday in the afternoon.

I left work early and taking the elevators up and down 47 floors really messed with my sinus issues. I had to go look at rugs for the foyer of our apartment with TK. It was painful. When I got home I took a steam shower, did some serious dosing of Nyquil and took a nap.

Saturday was not much better as I kept the Nyquil, Tylenol Sinus and Tylenol PM in my body for most of the day. There are some upsides to being sick though. I did not have to walk the dogs at all, I did not have to do any cooking and it was completely acceptable for me to not shower up until 3 in the afternoon.

We went and saw The Unborn Saturday night. We ran into my boss and his wife. She told me I should use a neti pot. The boss said it is like an enema for your nose. They were going to see The Wrestler which I hear is really good. The only redeeming quality of The Unborn was there were a couple of scream out loud scenes and the boyfriend of the heroine is smoking hot. He was the antagonist from Never Back Down.

Yesterday I bought a neti pot at the CVS around the corner and used it. It was a really different experience but it was as my boss said- an enema for my nose. Everything blew right out and the pressure was released immediately. I kept up the drugs and slept pretty well.

The husband has been sleeping in the boys room because he is a delicate flower and does not want to get sick with whatever I have. My guess is it is some kind of sinus infection. I'll find out later this afternoon.

1 comment:

Tim said...

My grandmother taught me about the sinus washing thing, it's amazing how fast it works on clogged sinus's. Well sorry you missed out on snowboarding