Thursday, January 15, 2009

We have great views from our office

So this cold I think is almost beaten as last night I was blowing snot all over my pillow. I did not swim as I felt like sleeping in late.

The day was kind of scary and a bit schizophrenic with tons of rumors flying around. The one that worries me the most is the one that says Shitigroup is going the route of AIG. Supposedly over the weekend the government will put it into conservatorship taking an 80% stake while GS takes the remaining 20% stake. The AIG situation is working our so well that sure, WTF, let's try it again with Shitigroup.

So after the close it is reported that BAC may need more TARP funds and the futures get spanked. That is what gets us down for most of the morning until the same exact thing is reported by a different source and the order of the words are rearranged and it gets the tape ripping to the up side. After the close I see President-Elect got what he wanted- the release of the rest of the TARP funds. BAC also said they were going to report ahead of schedule.

The excitement of the day was seeing the Hudson used as a landing pad by the USAir flight. IT was pretty amazing. There is a broker who's dad is a retired pilot and he said water landings are usually crashes. Apparently keeping both wing tips out of the water is nearly impossible. Usually one hits and causes the wing to get ripped off and destroys the fuselage. I think the pilot deserves the highest award possible for saving every ones lives. One thing different and this could have been a massive catastrophe. Imagine if it landed on either side of the Hudson in some of the most densely populated areas in the country. All because of a flock of Canadian geese. I am fairly certain in NY it is illegal to kill Canadian geese but I bet they let this one time slide.

Speaking of Canada, tomorrow night the husband and I are flying up to Montreal and then driving another 70 miles to Mt. Tremblant for the long weekend to get some more snowboarding in. JP is dog-sitting for us. Maybe this time he'll meet one of our hot neighbors. It is supposed to be freezing so we'll have to make sure we have enough warm clothes. Friends of ours go every year and say it is a great time. Oddly they are not going up there this year.

The husband has something from the U.K. called Night Nurse. He said it is a souped up version of Nyquil. I bet I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: