Sunday, January 11, 2009

When did Ben Folds Five become just Ben Folds?

This weekend with the boys was fun. The big snowstorm that was supposed to be coming was a flop in my book. It did not impede any of the driving I had to do at all.

I picked the boys up Friday and we got home without any issue. The husband went and met an artist he was considering buying some work form then had dinner and saw a movie with TK, WP and another person. Apparently WP took a dig at me about getting my sons to play manly sports not some wimpy one like tennis. They saw Gran Torino. The husband said I'd like it but it was just ok in his opinion.

Saturday I was back down in central Jersey for tennis, we then had lunch and came home. The husband went into the city to see Vampire Weekend get interviewed by a NYT reporter and they played 3 tracks. MM and the husband had a great time and I am very jealous. Thy then went downtown for JW's birthday dinner.

Today we were kind of lazy. We didn't get up until around 10:30. The husband was going into the city to see Ragnar and give him a late Christmas gift. I took the boys to TGT to get some cleaning supplies for our house Nazi. Then I dropped them off at their mother's house.

On the drive back I noticed one song that they have been playing on AltNation lately You Don't Know Me by Ben Folds and I realized it used to be Ben Folds Five. Apparently there are no longer five I don't know but will wiki it tomorrow.

We are already getting ready for beach season. We have the same house but this year we are not doing it the entire summer. About three quarters of the way through last summer the boys said they did not want to go out to the beach anymore. I said fine. So we are going to do the Fire Island Share-A-Thon tomorrow night. When I got home we figured out the calendar, the economics, created a not to scale floor plan and will use the office color printer tomorrow to print out all the pictures. I will also check with JP and PF to see if they have any interest in joining us for part of the season.

Am I the only one who, when going through friend finder on facebook , finds it tempting to friend someone solely based on looks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2000. BF5 even had a reunion concert in 2008.