Saturday, May 30, 2009

That was so predictable

I got to sleep in late this morning which is one benefit of the husband and the kids being out at the beach while I am home with the boys. I got up and the boys had made themselves breakfast which kind of shocked me as they also have me waiting on them hand and foot. My oldest had granola and cereal and my youngest made himself cinnamon toast.

We then walked around Hoboken for most of the morning. We stopped by the local Gamestop as my oldest had gotten a gift card there for his birthday and it apparently was burning a hole in his pocket. He decided on Call of Duty: World at War. Thing is his gift card alone could not pay for it so he looked at me and I asked if he wanted me to spot him the difference. He of course said yes. His younger brother of course took advantage of the situation, pulled the game Godzilla (used at least) out and asked if I could spot him the difference. I laughed and said sure.

Of we headed to the AT&T store. I upgraded my pearl to a bold and needed a gel for it. They only a black one that had a clip attached to it- so not happening. I had to buy the patriotic three pack- red, white and blue. I asked my youngest which one he thought I should use and he said blue. My oldest was completely enamored with the LG Xenon.

We then hit the local Barnes & Noble. I am excited that my oldest has become an avid reader of the Percy Jackson series. My youngest and I read it together and talk about it all the time now. So he wanted to be part of the "in" crowd I guess.

Then it was off to Joseph A. Banks. I asked what sale they were running and it was half off. So I got two new suits for the price of one. As I was getting it rung up the salesman asked if I had a corporate discount. I had no clue, he asked who I work for, gave him the name and voila- I got an additional 20% off. As we were walking back home I told the boys I found it funny they had not once complained about all the walking- normally they bitch and moan if I ask them to walk 3 block. Today we walked from the Lincoln to the Holland basically and back.

I took a quick nap. When I got up I told the boys we were off to TGT as I had to get a few more things for the beach house. My oldest asked if we were walking there. I laughed and said hell no. We went out to the elevator and the hot married neighbor was there. He was wearing a cut-off tee and mesh gym shorts and it was flopping around. He said hello, I said hello. I hope I was not blushing, lol. When we got there a funny thing happened. My oldest asked if he could get new shorts and a tee shirt. He has never expressed any interest in clothes so I said sure. Obviously my little guy is growing up. I let him chose both on his own.

We got home, ordered sushi for dinner. I spoke with the husband and told him about our hot neighbor, he commented yes, he had seen him in sweat pants and asked if I giggled when I said hi. I showered up and off we went to see Terminator Salvation- my second screening. They boys liked the movie but I was laughing to myself when my oldest said it was predictable, he knew so and so was this and that this person would do that at the end. He liked it except for it's predictability. I liked it because I got to see Sam Worthington covered only in mud again and this time I tried to see if you could see his package...

I had forgotten my phone at home when we went to the movie. When I checked it I noticed an old friend had called but did not leave a v-mail. I'll give him a buzz tomorrow. I also checked the latest news stories on BBRG and see the judge in the Chrysler bankruptcy expects to make a ruling Monday. The irony of one auto maker possibly coming out while another is going in.

The weather today was amazing so that probably helped with limited complaints form the boys. Tomorrow is supposed to be as nice.

No comments: