Thursday, May 28, 2009

The best way to get a response from a news anchor is compare them to their crappy competition

SO I have a new bus hottie I call Oatmeal. I have seen him on the bus several times lately in the mornings and every time he is eating oatmeal and reading. This morning he was studying for something as he had index cards with notes written on them.

I swam 2200 yards this morning which I was pretty psyched about. There were no hotties of note in the pool with me which kind of bummed me out as after that long after the pool it is always nice to see some eye candy.

Ok, so in case you missed it the government is proposing a 10% VAT. I have no problem with a VAT even though it is a regressive tax that will have lower income earners paying a disproportionate amount of their income to pay it. What I do have a problem with is that it will be on top of the income tax in place already. If the government wants a VAT get rid of the income tax. The other problem I have with it and this is the real issue is that once it is in place it can be increased whenever and by any amount the government wants. That smacks of taxation without representation to me- kind of what this instigated a little thing called the American Revolution.

So GM has announced it will file on June 1st. Ok, got it, understand it, have no problem with it. What I have a problem with is that the current owners of the equity will get a ten percent stake in the new company. WTF??? They were the owners who let it fail, they should not be rewarded with any stake in the new company. They could have actually voted at any time to get rid of the management but like most Americans probably didn't even bother sending in their ballots.

So, GM/the government (they are currently one in the same, fyi) has "sweetened" the offer for the current bond holders. Now they not only get less than the other unsecured holders but they also get warrants to buy up to fifteen more percent of the new company. One of BBRG's reporters said that now 35 percent of the the bond holders support the deal. She arrived at that number by combining the apparent 15 percent who tendered their bonds and the apparent 20 percent of the bond holders who say the new "sweetened" deal has their support. I sent my new bf Matt Miller a message saying I would argue they are one in the same and she was double counting them and then made a sort of snide comment on how the report was very CNBC-like. I got an immediate response form my bf Matt Miller and the reporter. She replied that the Administration told her there was no overlap. I told her I think that is called talking up your own book. I think I may now be tagged as a trouble maker at BBRG headquarters...

So today I went to grab lunch with a PM. We decided to take a side detour and grab a beer- it was past noon before you judge. We were sitting there and Andy Roddick was on t.v. I blurt out "I would totally do Andy Roddick." The PM looks at me and say calmly "I can see how you would say that, he;s a good looking guy."

No comments: