Friday, May 1, 2009

You could have totally kicked his ass Dad

So I slept in this morning and blew of training. This whole week my training schedule was in compete disarray. Having to walk the kids in the morning and at night really had me discombobulated. The husband gets back from his grand tour of the Continent Sunday evening and all will be right in the world again. Caught an in between bus- neither early nor late- and have to say there was a good handful of cute guys.

Don't have much to say on the tape other than it was nice to see the WSJ editorial page agree with my assessment of the speed of the Chrysler bankruptcy. This will be a good dry run for GM come the end of this month.

I have the boys again this weekend so I am missing Mr. Clifford's cook out to celebrate his re-entry into civilian life. The weather is supposed to suck and not in the good way. So we are going to take in Wolverine tomorrow afternoon. I am psyched on many levels: the boys love this type of movie, I am a HUGE comic book geek (the collection is bagged and boxed in storage), I get to see Hugh Jackman shirtless and nearly naked, Ryan Reynolds (on my list) is in it and Tyler Kitsch is in too.

So on the ride home from central Jersey with the boys tonight I got all warm and fuzzy. I came to a traffic light about two blocks from the parking garage. The left lane was a must turn left lane. the right lane (my lane) was a turn right or go straight. I went straight (no pun intended) and the asswipe in the left lane tried to speed up and pass me from the left. Not a good thing to do when I am in my Tundra and he is in his A5. I of course stayed the course and laid on the horn. He stopped short and pulled behind me and into the lane on the other side, got even with me and rolled down his window. So of course I rolled down the passenger side window and preceded to have a "discussion" with the "gentleman." I told him look buddy, no matter what you try to say you are wrong, you illegally tried to pass me from a left turn only lane. It was an interesting conversation and at no point did I use any profanity as my oldest was in the passenger seat and my youngest in the back seat. He realized he was losing, told me to screw off and rolled up his window and drove. Out of the back seat I hear "What an asshole." and simultaneously from the passenger seat "Dickhead." I tell the boys that kind of language is not acceptable. They ignored me and started to talk amongst themselves saying "Dad could have totally kicked his ass!" and various other ego building comments on my martial prowess and general manliness/masculinity. There is a lesson in this though. We parked the truck and were walking to the apartment when my youngest asked why I didn't beat the crap out of the guy. I said no one is worth stopping traffic and getting out of your car to beat up. At which point my oldest told me the other guy was a shitty driver anyways. He then made a derogatory comment about the man's ethnicity. I stopped and told him that is not right. He asked why and I stated putting someone down because they are different is never right, how would you like it if someone started calling me a faggot. He said that was different. I told him he only thinks that because I am his dad and it doesn't make it right.

No comments: