Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sooner Or Later

So Thursday night we went to see The English Beat (they are only known by that name in the U.S. because of legal issues, in the U.K. they are The Beat) with friends. They were playing at Maxwells in Hoboken. We had a nice German dinner first across the street and then got pretty drunk at the show. I did not think I knew the band until they played the song Sooner Or Later. Apparently they were the precursors to ska and the band morphed and split and went through many iterations. Their sound is definitely good for the beach so we will be getting some on the iPod for the beach house this season.

The boys were with us for the weekend. Saturday I took them to see Star Trek. I liked even more the second time but they boys told me they thought it was a bit too nerdy. The husband did a day trip out to the beach to take some more supplies for the summer.

Sunday morning we ran the HoHa Annual 5 Mile Classic with JP. I shaved thirty seconds of my time from last year. Like last year there was a lot of eye candy that made the race enjoyable. The LA Boxing gym guy in his blue sweats was fun to pace myself off for a while as I ran behind him with me eyes on his ass for quite some time. Then there was gold Shorts guy. He was just totally hot and made another leg of the race enjoyable as well. We saw him after we finished and he had a hot friend too. I think the best part though was the husband finished right behind me and asked if I slowed down so he could catch up and all I said was "Yep."

After the race we took the boys to brunch again and ended up with the same hot waiter who is dumber than a bag of hair. It did not go well and the brunch place now has two strikes against it.

We had to leave for central Jersey early as my youngest had a birthday party to go to. I dropped him off and the oldest and I then hit the book store. I wanted to get the latest and last Percy Jackson book. My youngest just got it and has not finished it and I admit I have been hooked by the series and wanted my own copy. The funny thing is I ended up buying two copies as my oldest sheepishly admitted he wanted to read it too but wanted his own copy as well. The best part though is I got to spend some time with just my oldest. I asked him about the crush he has. He got all embarrassed and I said look, there is no one else here so you can tell me and I am your father and want to know this stuff. He told me her name, etc. Of course he has never spoken with her, lol. At least I did not go as far a father in London who went and hired a hooker for his fourteen year old son so he could lose his virginity. Turned out to be a police sting, the dad was chided but did not have to go to jail.

Monday night we went and saw Wolverine as the husband had not seen it yet. That movie the second time around was just ok. I think the ending was rushed and it could have been tightened up in the editing room but still- Hugh Jackman is soo hot.

Tonight we are having CC and JP over for dinner. Our friend MP may join us as well. MP asked me what the husband's specialty cuisine was. I told her complicated and extravagant.

So Argentina has been downgraded from an emerging market to a frontier market. In all seriousness, just looking at the data one could make the argument that the U.S. is due to be downgraded to an emerging market but I need to stop focusing on the facts.

Dr. Doom- not the nemesis of the FF but a well known economist and pundit who parties hard with hot chicks and is on facebook- confirmed my thinking that the U.S. is alot like the U.K. was in the intra-war and post WWII period. The U.S. dollar will most likely lose it's status as the reserve currency of the world in our lifetime to be replaced by the yuan. As a matter of fact, yesterday there was a news story about how Brazil and China are starting to do that on the sly within their trading.

No comments: