Friday, May 8, 2009

It got good reviews- live long and prosper...

Yesterday I did double training to make up for a missed one earlier in the week. I swam 1200 yards in the morning and then ran two and a half miles after work before a business dinner.

I had dinner with Katie. He works in the business at a brokerage firm. The restaurant he picked was great. I got there first as he was running late. Told the hostess and she said she did not have a reservation under his name. I went to the bar and grabbed a few glasses of ice water and a drink of an alcoholic nature to wait. He walked in and the manager walks right up and greets him. Apparently he is a local regular there so he didn't need a reservation. The food was great and we actually did discuss business as well.

So, what is $75 billion amongst friends? That is how much the Fed says the banks need after the "stress test." I sneered and said I don't believe it when it was stated Shitigroup only needed $5 billion. I think what really happened was the federal government punished the banks they viewed as trouble makers and went easy on the ones that put on the knee pads and got in front of the Fed. BAC needed the most and the CEO has also been the one to talk outside of school as to what the government made them do supposedly. WFC said from the beginning thy did not want any but was forced into taking it anyways. Shitigroup used their DSL to great affect.

I get a bit pissed how most people in the market love talking about second derivatives only when it is positive and avoid it when it is not. For example, the NFP numbers this morning; not as bad as many expected but if you exclude the Census workers it was worse than expected. On the second derivative front though the revisions for the prior number keep going up and up.

I did not realize Farrah Fawcett was on her deathbed. I liked Charlie's Angels growing up but was not a die hard fan so never really kept up with the stars lives after. It was sad though to read about her deterioration.

I did a short bike tonight after work. The husband and I are going to see Star Trek so he stayed in the city, got his coiffure done, trained there and I will meet him, Ragnar, Umberto, JW and JD at the theater. There is a new hot guy at the gym though- the Landscaper. The guy is freakin' hot as shit and has dreamy, teddy bear brown eyes you can get lost in. He smiled at me too as he was walking by.

On the bus home there was a seriously hot guy I'm going to call the Aussie electrician. It made for a nice ride home.

I have not yet told the husband but my oldest was told by the doctor he has strep throat. Last weekend when I picked them up he had a bit of a cough and said his throat was sore so we stopped to get gas and cough drops- along with candy snacks for him and his brother. He was ok for the weekend but Sunday afternoon was complaining. I told his mom and pointed out it could be allergies as they run on both sides of the family. Nope- strep.

Tomorrow morning we drive out to the beach to open up the house for the season. I am psyched to get out there and relax.

No comments: