Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good bye General Motors

I did not swim this morning as I was a bit tired and felt like sleeping in a bit. No cute guys of any consequence on the bus.

So North Korea has abandoned the truce and said if South Korea helps any other nations interdict possible illegal weapons that would be akin to war and be met with an armed response. I keep thinking about the debate over how the Great Depression was ended and keep thinking the school of thought that says it was not the New Deal but WWII that brought the world out of it. Then I look at the situation on the Korean Peninsula and get a bit worried.

So the Secretary of Energy thinks if we paint our roofs white we will become more green. I wonder about the law of unintended consequences. If all of that heat is getting reflected back into the atmosphere do we really know what that could do to climate change? I am not a scientist but I did get an 83 on the NYS Earth Science Regents Exam back in 8th grade. I also think it smacks of President Ford's WIP program.

I am getting a bit tired with talking heads on t.v. using the phrase "GM's possible bankruptcy." Hello McFly??? GM will be filing. If President Obama scourges the bond holders like he did with Chrysler you should read the editorial in today's WSJ by a retired dye worker. He lays out a preemptive argument why bond holders did not tender their bonds.

So home prices keep going down and inventories up. Anyone who tells you the housing market has bottomed is probably trying to sell his or her house that he or she bought with a liar loan and is dreading the balloon payment that is about to hit. If they try to say mortgage modification is working, that is wrong too. I read this morning that somewhere between 65-75 percent of mortgages that have already been modified go back into default.

We were supposed to have dinner guests tonight but they had to cancel as the missus was sick. It is probably a good thing as they would have gotten us very drunk and kept us up late. So after work I did the run I was supposed to do tomorrow and I will swim tomorrow.

No comments: