Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I never had a blue bike let alone name it Blue Lightning

So I ran 3 miles in 27 minutes for training today. Hit the gym after work as I was happy to sleep in later than usual. Got the bonus figures and it was down about what I expected. Thanked the boss profusely as there are many in the biz these days who don't have jobs let alone a bonus.

Dad is running for county legislator back home. Where I grew up is a traditional GOP stronghold. I don't think they have elected a Democrat like ever. The weird thing about local politics though is that dad received the endorsement of the local Conservative Party. I don't get it as dad is a diehard Kennedy Democrat and to me it would seem the Conservative Party is diametrically opposed to anything Democrat. Regardless I am very happy for him and hope he gets elected otherwise he will be stick in honeydew hell.

Funny how a few weeks ago the husband and I caught Blazing Saddles on AMC I think and of course watched it. Today I saw Dom Deluise died. I am bummed as whenever I think of any Mel Brooks movie I always thought of him and Harvey Korman as being integral parts of them. Rest in piece big guy.

It is Cinco de Mayo so in keeping with the holiday spirit we decided to order lunch from the cheap, storefront, questionable sanitary practices Mexican place around the corner run by Asians. I called to place the order and the phone rang off the hook- for a good 4 minutes. I looked at the boss and said we may have a problem. So I said, I am going to wing it as you can throw a coin in any direction from our building and hit a similar type Mexican place. I walked one block, found one (also run by Asians) and ordered cheap, storefront Mexican for lunch. so far I have not paid any price other than a monetary one.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that every company that is actually beating earnings estimates is doing it solely by cost cutting as to actually growing revenues? Seriously, every beat I see is top line only and missing on the bottom line. That is not a good way to grow a company or the economy. I also noticed that the stress test results keep getting pushed out. Add in that now the leaks say 10 of the 19 will be told to raise capital and you have to wonder. Seriously, with the way the government handled TARP I don't see how any private capital will want to invest along side them. They are proving with the Chrysler shitshow that they have no problem overriding the rule of law or contract law if it suits their whims or gives them a good sound bite and appeases the mob.

My crackberry is almost two years old and the keyboard is going to hell on me. I stopped by the AT&T store near the office and asked if I was eligible for an upgrade. I was so I traded in my Ruby (aka my Pearl but it is red, hence the name) for a Bold. Will get IT guys to switch everything over to it tomorrow morning. I had to make sure I had no naughty pics on it as I want them to transfer the device memory as well since I have pics of family for caller ID and I have ringtones for specific people as well.

Since I am on the topic of cell phones, my oldest lost his texting capability. His recent report card was like all the recent earnings- poor quality. So I turned it off and his mother and I have agreed that he needs to get all his grades back up to where they were last quarter to get it back for the summer. He is actually taking the loss very well as he knows he has no leg to stand on.

This weekend we go to FI to open the beach house for the season. I really don't care what the weather is forecast as I will just be psyched to get out there.

So my brother the doctor (who also happens to read this blog) is trying to tell me that when we were kids I had a blue bike that he ended up inheriting form me and that I told him the bike had a name he had to keep. Supposedly I said it was named Blue Lightning. I am slightly older than him and he is a doctor but I don't think my mental faculties are diminishing that much or that quickly. The only bike I ever recall having growing up was a red Ross 10 speed that I used to transport myself every day in the summer to and from the community pool for practice- I was on a competitive swimming team back then. I do fully admit that I have named my truck though especially after I made it back from Myrtle Beach to Hoboken in 12 hours recently; Black Betty.

Going with the geek theme I just established in the previous paragraph I have to say the gensai swordmage character on D&D Tiny Adventures on facebook sucks once oyu get to the elite level. I am going to have to suffer through this character and go back to something old school like a ranger or rogue.

1 comment:

BJW said...

I like the new layout for the blog.

BJW