Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I am so over training

Sunday I took the boys to see Up- in 3D of course. It was a good movie. Afterwards I asked the boys if they liked it. My oldest said yes but it was kind of sad because Russell's (the kid in the movie) dad was not the re for him at the end. I asked him if he felt that way about me and he said no immediately. I asked him if he did would he ever tell me to which he also replied no. His little brother interjected he thought his older brother was lying. I worry about that especially as he is almost a teenager and the teenage years are tough for anyone. I told him I want him to if he does feel that way and that is also why he has a cell phone and I talk with every day even when he answers the phone "I don't feel like talking." (Like he did last night.)

I really could have throttled both of the boys at one point this weekend. One day the youngest looked at me and asked if they could just choose which weekends they go out to the beach instead of every weekend like the past two summers. I said no because we sold the weekends they are with us. He was stunned that we could get money for them and wanted to know how much and what we were doing with the money. I had to explain to him how we had fronted all of the money and were just recouping some of our costs.

Later my oldest- who does not have the closest and warmest relationship with his step-father asked where the husband was. I looked at him and asked if he heard anything I had said Friday night? He admitted he doesn't always and asked seriously, will I be seeing him this weekend? And where are the dogs? At times like this I understand why some animals eat their young...

Sunday when we walked into brunch I saw Hot Married Guy from the old apartment. He stared at me for a few seconds. He was with a bunch of friends and I of course noticed he was not wearing a wedding ring anymore. All of his pals were wearing theirs. He then left with a Keanau Reeves type guy but more muscular than Keanau. So no I am wondering if he is Hot Divorced Guy?

Yesterday morning I swam 1400 yards. I was also supposed to bike for forty-six minutes but skipped that. As I was walking to the office I passed Full Lower Lip on 8th. I told the husband he winked at me- which he sadly did not. He was wearing a suit with out a tie which I really can't stand the look as I had discussed with PF last week. It just seems half-assed or indecisive.

Last night we had our friend EW over for dinner. I had gotten the husband a pizza stone and pizza cook book for his birthday. Somehow though I got stuck doing all the cooking- most likely because I had foolishly volunteered that I had a pizza stone in the first marriage and had used it often. It was fun except I did not flour the first time and the damn thing stuck, burned a bit and the apartment smelled like smoke.

I biked and ran today after work, my first brick. I biked 15 1/2 miles and ran 3 1/2.

I had a bit of a panic today. The legal department sent out an email today discussing the compliance issues with blogs. I wondered if I was targeted but after reading through it it was more about using company resources for blogging, naming the company, the usual no dissing co-workers, etc. I believe I posted from the office once or twice so that will not happen anymore and I am not going to go through all of my posts to see if I had ever dissed any co-workers.

I am still surprised the general public has not realized the markets are being played like a violin but they are more concerned about their employment prospects. I am looking forward to jobless claims this week and how it will get spun with the usual "as expected" "less worse" and sundry other trite phrases.

What happens if after nationalizing GM- which is what we have done, don't kid yourself- the company still makes cars no one wants to buy? IT could never happen right? HA! The Brits went through this in the late '60s/early '70s and it ended terribly. What stopped it was Lady Thatcher becoming Prime Minister and getting the government out of the business of trying to run businesses. We'll see though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family conflict, pizza stones, lusting after married men, economic insight.. GREAT POST. I leave you with this: http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm

THE Benejeserit Witch