Thursday, June 18, 2009

The best part of the last week of training

Tuesday night I biked about 9 miles and lifted. The usual hot guys were there. Yesterday morning was the last swim I did for at least two and a half weeks from a training perspective. Tonight it was a bike ride and a short run. My training for the race Saturday is officially over. The best part of this week though is I get to carb load. That means Italian food basically for any meal I want.

So here is kind of a funny thing. Tuesday night after the gym I had to run to TGT to get the last of the stuff we might need at the beach house. The husband said we need glass candle holders. So I go to the candle aisle and there is this cute guy there seriously checking out all the candles. About a hour before hand he was on the elliptical machine in front of me at the gym. I checked- no wedding ring. Did not see Candle guy at the gym tonight when I finished my training.

I am a bit perturbed at the White House is continuing so many of the policies of the previous Administration. President Obama's White House has blocked access to their visitor logs. WTF? Thought he was elected to change things? That policy is right out of President Bush's White House. But wait he did extend benefits to same sex couples who are employed by the Federal government. So, aren't the Armed Forces employed by the Federal government? Does that mean as long as you don't tell the military you are gay you can get benefits for your partner? Seems like a Catch-22 to me.

I get really annoyed at the ETF ads that tell you don't let the idea get away. Hello? An ETF was specifically designed so you don't have to come up with an idea. It just mimics an index. Someone has already created the idea- the index- and you are just copying it. I also am starting to wonder if ETFs are the 21st century equivalent of investment trusts that were so prevalent in the early 20th century.

I think it may be a sign of how lame our entertainment industry has become that they are now going to remake Footloose. Seriously, I am not sure that movie needs to be remade. I did not think it was that good of a flick the first time around. What could they do to actually make it entertaining this time around? I do have to say though that the argument against this is they are remaking Melrose Place. That was my guilty pleasure in the early '90s. I loved that show and will probably watch the new premiere.

DBKS says the prices for housing in the greater New York metropolitan area will fall another 40%. I am ok with that as I currently am a renter and am not ready to be long real estate again yet.

Today marked two years of separate but equal civilized unionization with the husband. We did not go out for a big dinner or anything as we figured we need to get extra rest before the race Saturday morning. This will be only the third time I have used my road bike. Then we are off to the beach. Our friend MM and her cousin will be joining us out there for the weekend. MM used to work with the husband but has decided to go back to school and get her MBA. We have not seen her in a few months and she is always a pip and fun to hang with.

So the boys have email through their school. So I sent them an email the other morning. My oldest asked if I could keep it cool like when we text. Ahh the joys of having a son who is going into 7th grade soon.

No comments: