Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Slow train wreck- hot tranny mess; you say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to

So the weekend up at the alma mater was fun. I got to BB's lake house Friday around 5 PM. I did not leave until after I put together our new bed and got the new box spring delivered so I was on the road at noon. I was the first to arrive and got to spend some time with BB. He is a pledge brother- that is we pledged the fraternity at the same time- and ended up as the president of the house our senior year, living across the hall from me in the house. He has recently changed jobs due to office politics and I find out is getting divorced (no he is not gay like me). I was a bit shocked as he had married his high school sweetheart and has three kids. I expressed my regret he was going through it and sympathy for him. I asked who all else knows and was told other than you, no one currently but they will be told this weekend.

Friday not was not a big crowd but we did the usual wings and beer. We ended up playing a dice game and breaking into the really good wine BB had removed from the marital residence.

Saturday we headed up to the alma mater for a noon game and of course roadies were involved so were drinking at 11 AM. The game was fun and we met up with more brothers. The school now has freakin' cheerleaders! That was a big shock. I also don't remember the football team being as hot. After the game (we won) we hit the school store and bought some paraphernalia. Just what I needed- more baseball hats. I called the husband and asked if he wanted any and he said gym shorts (like we need more of those too) and a thong. So I asked the queen running the cash register if they sold thongs. JN almost died laughing as he did not believe I would do it. They do but I was directed to the flip flop type of thongs as opposed to the underwear kind.

We then headed up to the house and met the brothers. They are a really great group of kids. We of course started drinking with them and we all pointed out the rooms we had and the changes i the house. We got asked a lot of questions regarding when we were pledges and brothers for which we had most of the answers. Then we sent some of the brothers out to get more beer. They came back with a case at which point we said that was not going to work. I took one of them out and bought some kegs. Kegs are apparently a big no no at this point in time at the alma mater. Whatever...

No dinner and drinking until 1 AM at my age is not what it used to be when I was in college and I foolishly tried to keep up with the younger brothers. I was a complete horror show, lol. Security did show up at which point we alumni decided it was time to leave.

The drive home Sunday morning was painful and long.

Last night my oldest was texting me harassing me about getting a new cell phone still. He used one line that I almost died laughing about and showed to the husband. The husband said that is such a you line, he is your son. He even offered to help pay for it. I told him it is not a conversation to have over text messages.

Heroes two hour premiere last night was pretty damn good. I am dying to know what the compass is used for and how. Some of the new characters I am not quite sure f they are villains or heroes.

So apparently railroad traffic is down huge. I don't see how that can bode well for any recovery and how it confirms the start of growth Turbo Tax Timmy was talking about today but I have been so wrong and fighting the tape since the low that who cares what I say.

Nemazee- not sure his first name- is indicted for running a Ponzi scheme. Ok, no big deal. He also happened to be a huge fund raiser for the Democrats forthe past six or so years. It happens. I imagine that is where the government has gotten the idea of how to save the FDIC. The Treasury lends dollars to the banks, ostensibly making them healthy. Then the FDIC borrows money from said healthy banks to deal with the unhealthy banks. Wouldn't that then make the healthy banks unhealthy now that they no longer have the money from the Treasury? I am thinking huge circle jerk/daisy chain. Wait, now the FDIC won't borrow the money, it will just make the healthy banks re-pay their assessments. WTF? Isn't that essentially the same thing?

No comments: