Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ben Foster- no clue who he is but he was good (and hot) in Pandorum

Thursday I met up with CC and had coffee with him. He is doing well other than he just got over a staph infection and I found out he is now legally domestic partners with his bf of 3 years. I told him if he moved to Jersey he could get the separate but equal civil union if he wanted.

I then had to run down to Union Square for drinks with a friend in the business. It was funny because I had my iPod on and was walking like a typical New Yorker near Union Square when I saw RK and just yelled out to him and waved but kept walking- I did not have time to stop as I was almost 30 minutes late for drinks with JG.

JG is doing well and is at a new firm helping build out the U.S. operations. He is a very bad man; I finished my last beer and told hi it was my last, went to take a leek and came back to say good bye when he pointed out we weren't done with our beers- the fucker had ordered two more for each of us. I really was in no position to decline as he waited 30 minutes for me to show.

Friday the ex called to discuss the weekend- I had the boys this weekend. My oldest is playing fall baseball- Babe Ruth league- and had an away game that night. He also had a game Saturday morning. She thought it made more sense for me to just pick up the boys Saturday morning and go to the game and then go home. I am always wary when she makes suggestions like this because I wonder what her real agenda is. I told her no but we can ask the boys their thoughts about it. The boys both thought it made sense as we would not get home until around 11 PM and then have to drive right back down at 7:30 in the morning. I said fine.

I got to the ex' house Saturday morning a half hour before my oldest had to be at the field and the only person up and about was my youngest. I told him to go wake his brother up as we had to get moving. We finally got out of their mom's house and off we went. The coach likes the kids there a hour before the game to get some practice. We dropped my oldest off and then my youngest and I went to grab some breakfast. We came back about 5 minutes before the first pitch. I was supposed to work the snack bar but it was closed and locked up so I got to watch the entire game. My oldest had three at bats. First one he got walked. Second one he hit a single, got and RBI but also got thrown out at first. I sent his mom a text telling her we need to work on his running speed and she agreed. His third he hit a single and was safe. He ended up being the last RBI for his team. They won handily.

We got home and I baked a cake for Ragnar's birthday. The plan was for the four of us to go into the city to Ragnar's and celebrate his birthday with JW, JD and Umberto. The husband picked up a sandwich platter, I made the cake, we brought champagne and JW and JD brought some appetizers. We ate,sang Happy Birthday, had cake and champagne (the boys had Sprite) and went to the movies. We saw Pandrum. Yes, I know it is rated R but it was for gore and violence. They boys play freakin' Halo and Call of Duty and a host of other games that have just as much gore and violence so I did not think it would be a big idea. Just to be safe though I made both of them pinkie swear they would not tell their mom.

The movie was pretty good. My oldest was totally psyched when I told them they were going to see it and my youngest thought it looked very similar to Aliens. I wasn't sure what to expect but it looked cool and scary. At several points during the movie I noticed my youngest (he will be 10 November 1st) covering his eyes. After the movie I asked him if he was scared and he said not he just thought maybe the monsters would be scary looking so he was doing it just in case. My oldest said aliens don't scare him; neither do vampires or werewolves. Ghosts however do. I told him the true test if he was scared by the movie would be if he got up in the middle of the night and came into our room saying he couldn't sleep and didn't know why. He was not scared by the movie as he slept through the night.

The husband and the rest of the crowd went out for after movie drinks. I took the boys home.

The weather today sucked so we all slept in later than usual. We went to a diner recommended by PS. It was good but packed. We had to wait twenty minutes to be seated. by the time we finished and got home I got the boys showered up, helped clean up a bit and then got in the truck and took them back to their mom's house.

My younger brother is in my line of work but on the other side of the Force. He had interesting plans for the weekend. He was taking an account to a Blackwater- yes that Blackwater- training facility. There they would undergo small fire arms training and defensive/evasive driving classes. I told him it was good for when the upcoming revolution occurs and the masses rise up against the Wall Street machine.

A lot of interesting economic data out last week. I think they all point to we are so not done with this "recession." This week should be fun too.

The one thing that made me laugh was King saing the British financial system was hours away form collapsing last year. The thing that made me laugh was BBRG title describing it as a "bombshell." Seriously, how could that be a bombshell to any person who has read a newspaper or the Internet over the past year.

No comments: