Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Friday for me

So I was not aware of this but it would seem skunks can exist and thrive in an urban setting. How do I know this you ask? Last night when I was walking the kids we walked by one of the exhaust/ventilation buildings for the tunnel. There are a bunch of trailers around it. The younger one (our crazy daughter) started going bonkers (that was a fun game from Milton Bradley). I look over under the trailer and there it is- a skunk. I have had experience with dogs and skunks before so I immediately got the three of us out of there ASAP. Of course tonight she was looking for the damn thing again.

So I had drinks after work today with a broker who I don't actually do business with but have known for about 15 years. Yesterday he called me and told me he'd be in jeans and asked if that was okay with me. I laughed and said you've known me how long and have I ever been a stickler for details like that? So of course this morning I decided to suit and tie it for the day, lol.

The government is doing it's darndest to make everyone believe that all is well now and it is time to get back into the deep end of the risk pool. They are touting how the household wealth has increased by $2 trillion. Ok but the debt levels are still huge and credit is still contracting at a record pace.

What I think is happening is that a lot of PMs are think it is a bigger sin to not make money than it is to lose money. So they chase the performance. The credit spreads have tightened to pre-Lehman levels and that is making them all sit up and think with the spread at that stocks should be higher. It is going to end poorly.

Tomorrow I am off from work. I am off to hang out with my fraternity brothers in upstate New York. We are actually going to go to the alma mater and take in a football game too. The husband is going to the beach with the kids.

No comments: