Sunday, August 2, 2009

That was a fun weekend- sorta

I did not swim Wednesday morning as it is kind of tough to get up after being at the dojo until 10 PM on Tuesday nights. I did hit my classes Wednesday night though and have to say I got my ass seriously kicked in the grappling class. The last guy I went up against was wearing these freaky red contact lenses. No clue why but he had serious chokes and was good at them, I tapped out twice. Thursday was Friday for me as I had taken Friday off. Mom and dad were coming down to the beach so I thought I could get out there early Friday afternoon and meet them and have dinner all ready to go.

Thursday night I met up with my bond friend in the 'boken. It was good to see him. As I walked home I got a call from the ex. Apparently she was taking my youngest to the emergency room. His swimmer's ear had gotten very bad and the doctor though it might be mastoiditis. He had to get a cat scan. The concern was it had infected the mastoid bone and abscessed. I did not sleep well as the ex sent me several texts through the night. I got up at 5 AM, hopped in the truck and drove down to central Jersey. Overnight- at 2:30 AM specifically- my youngest had been admitted and they wanted to keep him there 24 hours. I got there around 6:15. He was asleep and the ex was sleeping on the pull-out bed. He woke up and was very happy to see me. The ex went home to shower up and get some clean clothes for our youngest and some of his things like his DS Lite. I spent the next 6 hours with him. He was miserable and kept saying he wanted to go home. I had to explain to him that he could not yet and if he went home too early he would most likely be back in the hospital and have to stay even longer. The ex got back and we had some in depth discussions with the attending physician. The attending physician seemed to be jumping the gun a bit to me and the ex wanting to send our youngest to CHOP then. I suggested we wait for an ENT to look at him and that was only an approximately 6 hour wait. If the ENT felt he needed to go to CHOP then we would take him. The doctors then changed the antibiotics he was on and it seemed to work.

I had to rush back to pick up the kids and get out to the beach to meet my parents. I was also supposed to have the boys this weekend to spend out at the beach with their grandparents. However the ex and I switched weekends as she mixed up dates for her family reunion. They- she, the boys, her bf and her father were supposed to fly out Saturday morning to the place in Virginia for it. She spoke with her dad and we all agreed our oldest would go with his grandfather to the family reunion. The ex and our youngest would stay home. I stuck with my plans and met my parents.

I did not sleep well Friday night and had a lot on my mind. I got up early and exchanged texts with the ex. She and my youngest would be going home that afternoon. That was a big relief for me and then when I got a text from my oldest saying he and his grandfather had arrived safely at their destination that took another weight off my shoulders. Saturday the weather was amazing at the beach. We hung out by the pool all day with my parents and the husband's younger sister (she came out to the beach with me Friday afternoon). The husband's parents got out to the beach early in the afternoon. We did all the prep work for the meal then took everyone to tea. It was fun.

We made dinner- I grilled clams which I had never done before and they came out great- and then had birthday cake (which I made in the morning ) for my mother-in-law. I was pretty exhausted so after the in-laws went home we all went to bed.

My parents got up at he crack of dawn and were gone before we woke- which is the usual m.o. for them. The husband and I lazed around and then I went to get breakfast makings at the pantry. I ran into the friends we had had over for dinner a few weeks prior. I told them where the house was and to stop by and join us for breakfast. They did so we had a very nice relaxing breakfast after which we finished off the birthday cake from the night before. The left and then we took naps. We then watched Chiller and the station was playing the entire series called Point Pleasant. IT was pretty good and we did not know why it never got picked up for more than one season. The best part was Grant Show is in it- I have always thought he was smokin' since his days on Melrose Place.

I am swimming tomorrow morning and then classes at the dojo again. The husband has his book club in the city. This week is actually going to be kind of jammed as we are starting to get ready for our move to Newport.

No comments: