Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One day left

So I had a physical this morning. It really wasn't planned.

Last week I had these itches on my forearm. I just assumed they were bug bites. I started putting hydro cortisone on them. Come Sunday no change. I have been involved in sports since 3rd grade so I knew then they were not bug bites and I had picked something up form the mats of the dojo. My thoughts were possibly impetigo or maybe ringworm. Monday I asked our friend FR 9who is a physician's assistant) if his office was taking patients and could I get an appointment explaining to him the situation. He said sure. I had the appointment this morning and when I finished filling out the paperwork the admin told me I had to have a physical as part of the examination. No big deal. All is well and as soon as the doctor walked in he told me ringworm. Classic example. He asked how long and where I had been that was new to me. I told him I knew exactly where I picked it up. He said yep, gyms and other places such as dojos are the most common places to get it, hell you can even apparently get it from a dirty towel. Consider yourself warned.

As part of the physical he asked if I wanted to be tested for HIV. I have life insurance and changed it three years ago so knew I did not have it. I also have been with the husband for three years and know he does not and we are monogamous. I said sure. I sort of had regrets thinking it was a sign of distrust of the husband and our relationship but I thought as well intentioned as everyone is we are still human and I have two sons I need to think about too.

The test was the quick one that you get results from in twenty minutes. It was negative.

It was busy today as we were down two men on the desk today. The Fed did o nothing as expected so of course everyone took that as a sign to buy. Apparently the belief that the economy can't get worse and is leveling off means things are great. I guess I am of the belie that we need growth not stagnation. I keep thinking back to my drinks and dinner with my bond friend recently where he told me I am right but early.

tomorrow is the big day. I am doing a board meeting as the stand in for the boss. Totally nervous, lol. I think I will do ok. The boss called and left me a voicemail busting my chops about it and signed off with "I'm going to catch lobsters with my kids now."

After work the husband and I went to the new apartment and had another painter give us an estimate. We know this guy as he has done work for us in our current place. We like his work and he likes us. I am happy to say we agreed to a price and he will be painting it Monday and Tuesday when we are out at the beach.

We are both so done with the packing. We have almost all of it done and will be ready Friday morning for when the movers show up. I can't wait for Saturday morning.

1 comment:

jimbo said...

I thought ringworm and impetaigo were the same thing? I had it a long time ago ON MY FACE. Nice.