Thursday, August 27, 2009

There's a sequel

So I finished reading the summer reading assignment this morning on the PATH ride in to the office. It was a pretty good book. I sent my oldest a text telling him I had and he then told me that there is a sequel. He asked if I could get it for him. I said sure, found on BKS website and ordered it. It of course is only out in hardcover right now. No clue how but it qualified for expedited shipping.

A few things on the health front- not my health but the ex. First off tomorrow her mom is going in for surgery to get the tumor caused by her ovarian cancer removed. She, her bf and the boys went into the city tonight and are staying at a hotel. Surgery is tomorrow some time. I told my oldest to text or call me when his grandmother gets out of surgery. The ex however called me and told me she has to go in for a biopsy. I asked if she had told the boys and she said no. I was glad for that because they have enough on the plate with their grandmother. I debated telling the husband as there is no love lost between the two but I did tell him tonight and I was surprised at his reaction. He showed real, serious and true compassion. Makes me even more sure I did right by making a honest man of him a couple of years ago.

I read the Madonna got booed in Europe. Woo-hoo! She is overrated I think and I just never got that into her. I am most assuredly in the minority on that opinion but whatever.

Tomorrow I am of to the beach with friends. Tropical Storm Danny is most likely going to make the weekend a wash weather wise but that is fine. We have cards out there and I asked several of the guest to bring board games. We are however going to the underwear party no matter what the weather is like.

The markets were dead today and I expect them to stay that way until Thursday of next week into the three day weekend for Labor Day.

No comments: