Monday, August 10, 2009

Timba arms wide

The weekend was very busy. I really hate packing up for a move. Friday Ragnar did a photo shoot in our current apartment. It went all day. I got home and they were still shooting. The model was very cute too, lol. I made sure I changed clothes into shorts, sandals and a tight tee, lol. He introduced himself. Lives in Hoboken but at he other end of town. I then got in the truck and was off to central Jersey to pick up the boys.

Saturday morning I went to the dojo and took the boys with me while the husband went and got the moving supplies. Classes were good and I got two hours in. I told sensei I would not be coming for two weeks as this week I am packing for the move and the week after I have vacation. The boys mentioned all the helicopters they saw during class. I did not make much of their observations until we go to the pizza place (we were picking up lunch on the way home) and one of the other customers mentioned that a helicopter had crashed. I know that the local college has a landing pad for helicopters as when I lived here before I could here it landing all the time. I finally got the whole story when I got home.

Saturday afternoon was spent packing- honestly though the husband did most of it. I helped and so did the boys then I had to take a nap, lol. We then did some more. We grabbed dinner at a local place the boys enjoy but is mixed at best. The Yankees game was on and there was this totally cute guy at the bar wearing a straw hat and showing nice guns. The husband kept staring so I told him to take a picture. He whipped out his cell phone and snapped one. The flash went off and I thought we were busted for sure, lol.

The good thing about packing for a move is it makes you edit your wardrobe. I got rid of a lot of tee shirts and jeans- how I ended up owning so many pairs of jeans I haven't a clue. I was psyched that I fit all my shoes, sneakers, and boots into one box. I even had room for some of the husband's shoes too. I have no idea how many boxes he needed but it was definitely more than two.

Saturday night we went and saw G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Funny, my oldest was of the mindset before going it seemed kind of childish and did not think he'd enjoy it. The husband was all excited for it. By the end of the movie their positions had completely reversed. I thought it was fun but I used to watch the animated series growing up an dread the Marvel comic book. The best part was Channing Tatum's extended shirtless scene when he was lifting...woof.

Sunday was more packing- something completely different. We did take a break to go to brunch- our usual spot and most likely our last time. The husband mentioned after seeing several of the waiters why I enjoyed it, lol. There is a real cute blond guy who has to be from the midwest/west because he has the same haircut as JP. When we went to the buffet there was this totally smoking hot guy getting some of the beef tenderloin ad I though I'll give you mine and the au jus too...

The reason I say it will be the last time is because when my youngest went to go get dessert he came back and then realized there were ants all over his plate. I showed it to the maitre de and then my youngest took me to get more. There were still ants and the cute guy in charge of the carving station asked what the problem was so I showed him.

After brunch we went to the new apartment to get some more measurements to make sure we could fit every thing we wanted to move. The boys loved the place, the view is fracking amazing. They both did mention that their new room is smaller than the one they have now and I told them so is ours. It did not help ease their disgruntlement.

We then hit Homo Depot to get some stuff and then TGT. Then it was time for me to do some more packing, the husband went and did his bike training. I then got dinner for the boys which they ate in the truck on the way back to their mom's house.

I am pretty much not training at all this week. Too much work to do to get this place all packed up for the movers. Plus the boss is out on vacation this week. funny thing about the boss- he told me oh by the way, you have to do a board meeting for me. don't worry, I'll walk you and the PM you are doing it with through everything. That means I have to be clean shaven and all suited up for the meeting. The killer is that the day of the board meeting everyone else gets to wear jeans. I'll just tell everyone I'm interviewing and at least half will believe me, lol.

Can't wait to see District 9. Not sure when.

So Friday is the move. We are then taking somethings out to the in-laws house that night and sleeping there. Then we are off to the beach for several days. TK and JM will be oour guests at the house this weekend. We are going to Ascension- the nation's #1 gay beach party! We'll come back Tuesday afternoon and I have the rest of the week off to start all the unpacking.

Work has been busy. Everyone was talking about a BBRG article talking about how the VIX/SPUs spread is indicating one or the other is going to have to give and it could be the market. The woman who works with me (and is pretty damn smart) pointed out she doesn't get it as that spread has been higher back in July and we all know what July was like.

I think GE is going to come to a conclusion. Just seeing a lot of press about how they are getting special treatment for the GECC arm- not only is that closing the barn door after the horse got out but the horse is taking a huge steaming dump on the front yard. I still think the government will force it to separate and then basically inject a lot of our tax dollars into it. Again I don't see how the President can't end up raising taxes on the middle class but we'll see.

No comments: