Thursday, August 13, 2009

Almost done

The board meeting went well today I believe. I did my spiel and asked with a bit of authority "Any questions?" I was answered by silence which was just what I wanted. The two PMs both said I did a good job. I sent the boss an email and asked him to not make a habit of having me sub for him on these any more.

Of course we were busy as shit in the afternoon. To top it all off after the close the head of ops yells out to me "We have an error." Fucking great! The PM dupes a small order so tomorrow morning it will get rectified and he (the PM) is writing up the error memo. Honestly, I was on vacation at 4:00:01 but I did take care of it all.

So tonight when I got home I walked and fed the kids and then put on my electrician hat and switched out all the dimmers we had bought and installed in the apartment. I then took down the light fixture we had installed in the boys room and put up one of those basic porcelain ones and the bare bulb. Done with the electrician's hat I then put on my handy man hat and took down the drapes, the rods holding them up and the roller shades- and with out breaking anything!

Packed up my bathroom which was easy as all I had to do was throw everything into a box and tape it up, lol.

Slices for dinner tonight and a bit of red wine. Pretty much done except for the light fixture in the living room and a few more things to bubble-wrap and box up.

Looking forward to the time out at the beach. Not looking forward to unpacking.

No comments: