Friday, August 21, 2009

Do I have to change my title?

So Friday we spent all day moving. The movers showed up at 8 AM. The art movers showed up at 11 AM. We finished everything around 10 PM and then I drove like a bat out of hell and we caught the midnight ferry to the beach. TK got there ahead of us and was already asleep.

The weather this weekend at the beach was great. Sunny the whole time but the humidity sucked. We played Scrabble on the beach with TK which is a regular thing we do when we are out there the same weekends as him.

Sunday we went to Ascension- the nation's #1 gay beach party!- with a bunch of friends. Kelly Rowland was the special guest. She only did two songs and the second one was lip-synched! I still don't get how she won American Idol- I mean Breakaway was a good album but still...

We stayed out at the beach Monday and Tuesday. My sister-in-law and her best friend came out Monday night, had dinner with us and they went out and we went to bed. Tuesday we spent he morning at the beach again. We caught a late afternoon ferry back.

Wednesday was spent unpacking. Thursday the husband went back to work and I spent the day unpacking. Today was something new and different- me unpacking. The one good thing was we had the painters in Monday and Tuesday and they got most of it done. They finished up Wednesday.

Today I also had the dog walker over, showed her where the dog run was and gave her keys. I also had to make sure the boys' room was ready. I did it all except for hook up the Wii and the dvd player.

The boys were surprised their room was ready. They asked if the beds were new and I told them no they are not. They are psyched with it thankfully. Before I put them to bed I took them out on the balcony to take a gander at the killer views of the NYC skyline at night. They thought it was awesome and then my youngest spit off the balcony- he is definitely my son. I told him he should not do that. When he was brushing his teeth he mentioned he thought it would be neat to try an pee of the balcony. I quickly dissuaded him of that notion.

My oldest is psyched to have DirecTV. He asked if we had on demand and I told him I have no idea. They do love Boomerang though. The husband is psyched we have Chiller now.

Tomorrow is more unpacking in the morning then we are going out to the in-laws. We are taking a bunch of stuff that won't fit in our new home as we lost about 250 square feet. It will all go int he in-laws basement. It means we'll have to take the truck and the husband's car. We will be dining on my mother-in-law's paella. My oldest is psyched to try it and I love it. We are sleeping over there and the boys love the little beach they have. I think we'll see if we can go clamming and do them up on the grill Sunday. I also hope to convince the father-in-law to take us out on the boat if the weather cooperates.

Back to work Monday. Also back to the pool, gym and dojo. I have noticed that the emails and BBRG message were very light this week so it seems like I picked a good week to take off.

No comments: