Thursday, July 9, 2009

This week went by fast

Tuesday night was a lot of fun at PF's birthday party but getting home at 1 AM on a school night that early in the week is not easy at my advanced, decrepit state. It was funny as I looked at my watch and it was around 10:30 so told PF "Looks like I'll be sleeping in the boys' room tonight." The husband gets particular about me coming home late after about 2 million beers in me as he needs his sleep or gets very grumpy the next day. So when I got home the door to their room was open and the light was on. I laughed to myself thinking I did not need the hint.

Last night was tapas night. We had friends over for dinner and made tapas. My shrimp-feta-scallion quesadillas were a hit along with my zucchini and avocado salad. The husband made the rest of them and they were awesome too. Funny how when you go with tapas dinner takes so much longer and four people can go through 4 1/2 bottles of wine. We skipped dessert and coffee, the husband gave our guests a ride to the PATH and then we were in bed a bit after midnight. Two nights in a row have tuckered me out.

I understand the stock market is quite possibly the most efficient discounting mechanism around, I get that and believe it. I don't get though how it can discount the really horrible continuing claims numbers that came out today. Yes I get that number of new claims filed was down more than expected. But all the revisions are up and add in the fact that a record number of families are on food stamps and I don't see how the tape can be discounting all of that news.

I was supposed to swim yesterday morning and bike this morning. Neither happened so I will just run and lift tomorrow morning. I am driving into the city and parking across the street from the office. That way I can leave right from the office to go down and pick up the boys then drive straight to the beach and catch a boat over at a reasonable hour. The husband will be driving out separately with the kids.

1 comment:

Tim said...

avocado and zucchini salad? Hmm I'm going to have to try this. I poached fish this weekend for my big effort