Wednesday, July 22, 2009

FASB 165??

I did not swim this morning as I was pretty beat. A good thing too as the bus I caught was full of hot guys. One in particular was an accountant. I assume he was as when I was standing next to him (there were no seats available) he was reading something from FASB regarding rule 165. I was not interested enough to google FASB 165 but he was pretty damn hot and I got to stand over him and every time the bus jolted me I made sure my hips lead the way.

So apparently maybe all those New Age freaks may be right about something. According to Japanese research scientists the human body does emit light. The level is incredibly low, so low they needed to use a camera that picks up single photons. Apparently our bodies emit the least photons in the morning and the most in the late afternoon. Seriously, I am pissed that anything the baby boomers believed in may be right. Well at least we know the moon landing was faked and that is why Hollywood is "restoring" the NASA tapes.

SO New Zealand got moved by and earthquake closer to Australia. That is pretty freakin' cool! Granted it was only thirty centimeters but still, anything that can move a large land mass thirty centimeters is cool. I believe the seismologists called it a subduction thrust rupture. Is it just me or does that sound vaguely dirty with sexual connotations?

So Ben says that we should not expect the U.S. consumer to come roaring back. Well that aint a great thing for the economy and may also explain why he is advocating a zero interest rate policy for some time. That is not a good thing for the markets or the economy. It just reminds me that you can't solve a debt problem with more debt.

I did not get what the WFC spokesman was trying to say on BBRG today. He was trying to spin that because they wrote off all their bad loans at the end of DEC and were starting at zero for this quarter the 45% increase wasn't as bad as all the other big banks. Hello??? Zero to 45% is just as bad as all the other big banks. It means you did not write off enough in DEC and on the margin an increase from zero to 45% is way worse than an increase of say 11% to 15%. They guy had to be drunk or on drugs.

I went to one class tonight. This was my warm up week. I will be doing at least six classes next week for karate. The husband is off to Chicago Friday.

1 comment:

The Pansy Bastard™ said...

LOL! FASB 165! That cracks me up. At least SOMEONE outside the accounting world knows what it means. 165 is the latest auditing pronouncment (should you not have satisfied your curiosity). I'm thankful I don't do audits.