Friday, July 24, 2009

The more things change...

So I lifted yesterday morning and though it would be an uneventful day. That of course changed once the news hit the tape. The new mayor of Hoboken, he was sworn in July 1st, was arrested in a sweep of allegedly corrupt officials- mayors, state representatives and even rabbis. The thing that cracks me up is this guy ran on a platform of change and he was not part of the corrupt, old regime and how they did things. He supposedly took $10,000 in exchange for favorable treatment in regards to future development. The line was we are going to have a long friendship, paraphrasing there. IT was the number one read story on BBRG and everyone who knows I live there made sure I was aware of the story.

I had drinks with my friends fro GS last night after work. Contrary to popular belief not all of them are giant vampire squids with their blood funnels stuck down our throats. I took them to G Lounge. They were both late because as straight guys they were concerned if they were there early solo they thought they were going to get hit on. Ha- funny straight guys. I then went around the corner and had dinner with the husband.

We took a bus home and were psyched when we saw Black Socks was on the bus with us- well the husband was more psyched than I as he kept staring and I had to tell him to take a picture. I am pretty sure Black Socks caught him staring too.

This morning I got to the pool, did a nice warm up of 200 yards. The coach got there and handed us the workout. It was all 25s and 50s. Apparently Fridays are speed training days. I also have to say I paid a bit more attention to the other swimmers and there is a cute guy in the fast lane; the husband's height, built more and blond. He is cute.

I have to say GS is putting the serious PR spin on their pay back of TARP funds. All the media outlets are crowing how the U.S. taxpayers made 23% on their loan to GS. Two things: 1) Where is my cut of that 23% return on my investment b) GS stock is up 94% since the beginning of the year and only because we bailed them out and gave them 100 cents on the dollar for their AIG CDS contracts III) Warren Buffet loaned them less and has made over $2 billion on paper WTF??? Does that irritate anyone else?

Speaking of Warren Buffet, I think the old coot has jumped the shark. The guy now has a web-based cartoon for kids called the secret millionaires club. Seriously- he should just retire and fade into obscurity.

I keep seeing an ad on BBRG tv for a trading strategy. The thing that kills me is the old guy who claims it doesn't matter if the market goes up or down, the strategy makes money. Well I just have to say if it was that good and that easy the guy who created it would not have to sell it as he'd be keeping it to himself and making tons of money.

The husband is off to Chicago for the weekend with TK. I have the boys. tonight we are watching Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix as a review for tomorrow nights viewing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

We, the boys and I, have a fun weekend planned. Not only are we doing the movie tomorrow night but we are also going to the Met tomorrow to see all the ancient Greek weapons and armor and then we will hit the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum. I am also taking them to sit thru two classes at the dojo. I had to bribe them. My youngest wants a new Lego toy and my oldest wants an SD card so he can use his music on his iPod to create his own ringtones for his cell.

No comments: