Thursday, July 2, 2009

A nice long weekend

So the husband and I took today off and made our three day weekend a four day weekend. We don't have the boys and we aren't going to the beach, no driving, nothing.

Yesterday I actually biked twice; a hour in the morning and then a hour after work. The only thing of note was in the morning at the gym next to the office after I biked and was getting into the shower there was this freakin' smokin' hot 20 something blond boy. OMG I could not stop staring but at least I did not get caught.

Last night we went and saw MGMT in concert over in Brooklyn. We had never been to Prospect Park before and we both enjoyed it. The only negative was there were tons of bugs. The other kind of downer was how old I felt. The Kings of Leon concert made me feel old, this one made me feel ancient. To quote the husband we may be Gen X but the millenials are really Gen XXL. I have to say I think MGMT is a better studio band than a live band. Also we definitely got stoned by all the second hand smoke wafting all over the park.

Today we had a nice relaxing day. We dropped the kids off at the groomers in the morning. I actually got to take an uninterrupted nap for a bit over two hours. We then picked up the kids from their day of beauty and then hit the gym. The usual eye candy was there and it was nice. After we went across the street and had dinner at a great tapas place. We brought home some bones for the kids. Scotties are funny with bones; once they get them they are thinking were can I hide this for later and trying to take them away from them gets them all growling and mean.

Tomorrow the husband and I are going for a long swim. We plan on trying to get onto the High Line, hoping the city will have emptied out for the holiday. After that we are meeting up with PF and DR at the Met. We are going to take in the exhibit titled The Picture Generation, 1974-1984. Then lunch and cocktails after with them. We are also hoping to see The Hangover tomorrow night.

So even though I was not in the office today I did notice the tape got beaten like a red-headed step child. Apparently the jobless numbers were worse than expected. Shockingly people are realizing that without jobs you cannot have a recovery I think. The real problem though apparently was that the length of unemployment is coming close to exceeding the length of benefits paid by the government. Once they run out, you all off the rolls as not seeking employment.

No comments: