Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's the fucking Catalina wine mixer!!!!

So Friday night we got home and watched Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix as review for our Saturday night movie outing. The boys went to bed kind of late and my youngest actually fell asleep on one of the couches. I had to carry him into the bedroom and put him to bed. Holy shit he is getting big! I think I threw my back out.

Saturday morning we got up, the boys showered and we trekked to the other end of Hoboken. The boys were really well behaved the entire time I took my classes. Afterwards we went across the street to the BKS and they got reading material and those clip on book lights for when they want to read in the truck in the dark. I looked at my phone and during class my oldest had sent a text saying my stretches were weird. We then stopped at RSH and got an SD card for my oldest's phone.

I forgot how much of a rip-off the Ripley's museum is until Saturday afternoon. We took the ferry over and then went to it. The boys loved it but it seriously sucks. You'd think they would at least change the exhibits. They of course asked when they can go again. We took the bus home which my youngest thought was cool as we went through the Lincoln Tunnel and he was amazed we were actually going under the river. I told them it was quiet time, I took a short nap and then it was sushi time. After we went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I had not realized how long the movie was. It was pretty good even for being close to two and a half hours. The boys were stunned when they found out Snape was the Half-Blood Prince. They were also stunned that Dumbledore was killed. They loved the movie. We got home and I had to make good on a promise I had made to my oldest. I ordered Step Brothers on on-demand. It was a really funny movie but completely disjointed and seemed like a bunch of skits put together. I love Will Ferrel though and was laughing the entire time. I would have to say the only comparison I can make is Dumb and Dumber but I did not actually think Dumb and Dumber was as funny. My oldest actually didn't even make it through the entire movie and it was apparently his turn to fall asleep on the couch. I woke him up as I did not want a repeat of the night before.

This morning we got up and went into the city to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The boys were psyched to see all of the Greek and Roman galleries. They were starving though so we left to go to brunch. My oldest did however mention there was a lot of stuff there and he would not mind coming back again to look at it. He also asked if there were any dinosaurs and I said no we'd have to go to the Museum of Natural History for those.

We went to our usual Sunday brunch place and I forgot how many hot waiters they had working there. There were also quite a few pieces of eye candy for my viewing pleasure.

After brunch I loaded a bunch of songs onto the SD card and then popped it into my oldest's phone. He was totally psyched. I told him I was putting Hollywood Undead on it. The group is pretty good and very explicit. I made him pinky swear he would not tell his mom.

Swimming tomorrow morning and then two classes after work at the dojo. The husband gets back from Chicago tomorrow late afternoon and should be home when I get back from the dojo. I spoke to him this afternoon and he is having a good time in Chicago with TK. Yesterday they met up with a friend of mine JE, and had drinks with him. He called me this evening to let me know how much fun he had with the two of them.

No comments: