Sunday, July 19, 2009

There's triathalon-shape andthen there is fighting-shape

Ok, Saturday morning I finally got my ass back in the dojo (Kobra Kai never die!) and I was dying. I forgot I had certain muscles in parts of my body that I use only for kicking, knee-strikes and boxing. Holy shit! I also realized how much of my flexibility I lost in two years. After class I sat down with sensei and asked her how realistic it was me for me to plan on getting my black belt by the end of the year. she bluntly said not happening as the next test is in October. I agreed asked what about January. She said possible but I would have to live at the dojo, told her that aint happening so we settled on the March test.

The husband and I then went down to visit PJ and ST. We hung out by their pool all day then went to dinner in Princeton.

We drove back this morning and then went into the city. We hit cookshop with PF and DR and had a great brunch. We then went and saw Bruno. OMG. The movie is sooo wrong and so funny. We were laughing so loud. We got home, had a nice nap and then watched TruBlood.

Tomorrow morning is my first day at the new gym and with the swim club. Then I have to go back for a few more hours of getting back into fighting shape.

No comments: