Friday, March 27, 2009

Woo hoo- no shuttling this weekend

This morning I had a long bike ride to do for training. The tough part was getting up on time. Last night we took mom and dad out to dinner, had some wine, cam home and played cards- it was the rubber match for the series. The husband and mom won and basically just outplayed us. Then the husband and I watched Supernatural and damn Dena looks hot in a suit. Somehow the alarm did not go off so I was up about 20 minutes later than I should have been. I got to the gym and biked a bit over 14 miles in 48 minutes which I am happy with.

If a company's common equity is roughly $3.62 and they announce they are going to tender for their debt and offer the debt holders a combination of cash and new equity that will dilute the current equity holders by 90% isn't that really a stealth reorg? You are basically wiping out the current equity. Well that is what GM has proposed. Yet no one has called them out on it. We'll see what the press has to say this weekend.

I missed the boys. I did not have them two weekends in a row so I was very psyched to pick them up this evening. My oldest told my mom he wanted money for his upcoming birthday so he could buy an iPod Touch. I spoke with his mom this evening and we both agreed he does not need one. I know he wants one so he can get on the Internet at any time. His parents however understand that kids who surf unsupervised can get into trouble so we told him no. If course on the ride home I get the all my friends have one line. I know that is not the fact but I have always wanted to use the line about if all your friends were jumping off a bridge would you? He said no so I won that skirmish.

The one drawback of taking the Pulaski Skyway back to Hoboken is that- even though there is no speed limit- is there is an accident you are screwed. Well that happened tonight on the way home so it took us two and a half hours to get back. It was not fun and Sirius traffic for NYC sucks as it did not mention the accident. If it had I would have taken the truck route. Whatever, shit happens.

The boys were psyched to play House of the Dead 2 with the Wii guns. They did pretty well. They told me they had beaten it at Dave & Busters on only three quarters. I said oh, how'd you do that? Then they 'fessed up the ran their cards out beating it.

This is the first weekend in a long time I have the boys that I will not have to be a chauffeur and take them back down to central Jersey for any activities. I am psyched and so are they. It is supposed to be warm tomorrow but overcast so my oldest and I may go play tennis on the public courts in the morning. I was going to take them to see Monsters Vs. aliens but they said they already told their mom they'd go with her so I'll need to find a different flick for the weekend.

No comments: