Thursday, March 19, 2009

They exercised their monopolistic powers

I did my long swim this morning for training. It was a pretty good swim and the best part was I was in there long enough that the cute guy in board shorts was back today and ended up swimming at he same time. I was silently critiquing his form- swimming form that is, not physical. His lower body is too low which leads me to believe he keeps his head to far up.

So The House passed a new tax at the rate of 90% on bonuses for any institution that took bail out money. I have several comments on this: This will effectively kill AIG, FNM, FRE as no on will want to work there if they know their earnings are limited. You will see a huge exodus of people from all of those firms. It will also hit all of the banks that took the money. I hope it applies to all the auto makers and auto parts suppliers as well but probably not because organized labor is part of the Democratic regime.

I was IMing with my brother about this situation. He couldn't understand where I was coming from with my indignation. It is real simple. The government knew all of this and got caught with their pants down and is now trying to blame it all on AIG etal. They hastily created this with out thinking through all the consequences and unintended consequences. These people had legally binding contracts. Yes contracts can be broken and re-written but the government did no due diligence. To do the bail out and then start changing the rules after the fact is complete bullshit. The are making this all up as they go along. The whole point of the rule of law is to protect people from the whims and flights of fancy of the government. I was stunned and actually said will wonders never cease when I read that Rep. Rangel said the U.S. tax code is not meant to be nor used as a political weapon.

It all comes down to the government has now made it law that they can garnishee any ones wages they think they need to. I don't remember who said it- probably some anarchist- but you need to remember the government has a monopoly on coercion and the use of force.

I have never liked Jay Leno. He is just not my type of humorist and he annoys me. President Obama is on his show tonight. I am a bit put off by a sitting President going on to a talk show to get his message out. It seems real j.v. to me.

I went to the gym tonight after work to get my short run in and lift. There were the usual hotties there and some new ones- none of the new ones merit names as of yet.

The husband is off to L.A. tomorrow after work for the weekend. Mr. Clifford is coming up Saturday. He gets here around lunch time. We'll have many hours to kill and I can only nap so much. So, I went and bought a two player shooter game for the Wii. House of the Dead 2 & 3 The Return. I also bought two Wii handguns.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I'm disappointed and wish the senate had held up the bill for some technicality. No good can come of this and the taxpayer is still going to have to foot the bill for AIG's loss's.
All this from a bad media decision last Sunday from Obama's PR team.
I'm guessing the tax law is held up in court. I know I'd sue. I'm still not sure how they can make it apply retroactively but I guess I'm out of the loop somewhere.