Monday, March 16, 2009

I want to go back to Montreal in the summer

Friday morning I biked 15 miles for training and got it done in 48 minutes so I was psyched about that.

Friday I read that TALF is getting postponed. It would seem to me like our government is still flying blind and working on the "plan."

I highly recommend everyone google and watch the YouTube of Jon Stewart versus Jim Cramer. IT was great and must watch for anyone who thinks CNBC is on their side.

I read that some school districts are debating moving to four day school weeks to save money. I think I would have loved that as a kid but I imagine if the boys get that the ex will not be that thrilled.

The flight to Montreal was a disaster. We got to the airport a bit more than a hour ahead of our departure time. Of course the airline didn't bother to tell us until we got to the gate that we were delayed. They kept delaying us and then changed our gate. We did not leave until three hours after our scheduled departure time. We land at Trudeau and of course there is no one at the car rental place. So we take a car service up to Tremblant. We checked in about 4:30 AM. We got up at 10 AM, went and rented our boards and hit the slopes for half the day. We had a great time too.

After we were done we hit the hot tub and had a cocktail, then showered up, got dressed and went to a bar to have some nachos and beers. We went back to take a nap before dinner but I was out for the night as I had only gotten about five hours of sleep.

Sunday we were on the slopes about 9:30. We did the north face of the mountain though. It was a blast. The snow was getting a bit slushy which I actually liked and everything was going great. Then the husband and I went to one of the blue runs as I rode by a sign that said experts only. The trail forked, the husband went right I started to follow when he pointed left so I figured it really was not a blue and took the blue to the left. Fucking moguls!! The entire blue was moguls, all tightly spaced. I made it through a few and was turning when I took off, went right over three did a little jump and landed on my ass. SO I got over to the left side where there wasn't as many and made it down slowly. I got to open trail and flew down to the lift assuming the husband would be waiting for me. Shockingly I got to the bottom first. When he got there I asked how I beat him and his moguls were as bad so he actually took his board off and walked down that part of the trail.

After that we took a break and had a beer, it was a bit after 2 PM so we decided to call it a day. Took the lift to the top and went down the south face back to the hotel. We took a nap first this time and then we went out to dinner.

Tremblant is not as big as some of the mountains I have been on since I started boarding but I definitely had the most fun on it. Thanks for the recommendation Mr. Locke.

The car rental service came and picked us up since they screwed up Friday night. They drove us to downtown Montreal. We had a few hours to kill so we took the rental they owed us and drove around the old part of Montreal. I really liked it and the husband and I agreed we should try to get there for an extended weekend in the summer.

Our trip home was uneventful. We got home and I took a small nap with the kids who were excited we were home. The husband rode his bike. Then we caught up with Supernatural and BSG. I am so frackin' psyched for BSG this Friday. The husband will be in L.A. so I have to adjust the dvr to make sure the entire two hour finale is copied.

Mr. Clifford is actually coming to the Black Party with me. We were exchanging emails Friday when he decided to make the trip. He'll get in Saturday afternoon and go back Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are Welcome. And I like the North side as well. Glad to hear you had fun.